Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

How do o stop the existential thoughts? And when I do get them how do I stop being scared of them and over analysing them constantly? I have OCD so I tend to overthink and I don't feel satisfied until I'm 100% sure about something which, obviously when it comes to existential thoughts, you can't be.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This was a problem for me. Best thing that worked for me was exercising and drinking herbal tea to try and relax. It helped but the thoughts were still there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I been in this hell for almost 7 months and existencial thought were my nemesis. I had it from the first month all the way until about the 5th month. They slowly faded and I learned how to block the crap out of the with "stop being a stupid crazy bitch" when I felt them come.

·
Registered
73 Posts
One way is to tell yourself that the existential thoughts are not particularly useful nor important enough to dedicate much brain power to, which is a part of a cbt technique from what I recall. Another is to find something more interesting than the thoughts.

Also, keeping anxiety in check (at least for me) helps to suck the power out of the thoughts without getting rid of them, which is fine by me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts