Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I keep having existential thoughts. I just can't ignore them! I was obsessed with solipsism for a while, but it gradually got better. I thought I'd gotten over it. However, now I'm scared that my life could just be a dream playing back in my head, and that others are not really conscious. Free will is another topic that disturbs me quite a bit. Please help, I just need something that can make me feel alive again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That really sucks and I suffer from the same symptoms I think. What do you think would help you to feel more grounded? Is there anything in your life that you absolutely love doing? Is there a TV show that you can distract yourself with? I think the key that I like to stress to everyone is that you need to distract yourself. I think a lot of DP/DR is grounded in OCD and the worst thing you need right now is to get stuck in the loop of thoughts that you're in right now. You can just keep thinking the thoughts that you have been for awhile and eventually your mind is bound to get tired of them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like I'm slowly starting to believe that everything is fake. I really don't want to, though.
I'm scared that my dp/ocd is turning into some kind of psychosis/schizophrenia.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Idk, i just keep asking myself questions like "what if I'm actually in a coma and my life is just me remembering all this old stuff that happened?". Crazy, but annoying.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love music, and I honestly wish I could go out more.
My therapist told me that I need to experience some new and concrete things to get out of my head. Maybe he's right.
It's quite hard though, the fear can be overwhelming sometimes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i really want to go to the beach and tenjoy my surroundings without having to think about existence. hopefully, in time, I'll defeat the existential thoughts once and for all.
thank you very much for the support, i appreciate it :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I´m in the same boat and I do have it for 1 year now. I got so much better and I almost felt real again, but for 1 week now its at it´s worst. 2 weeks ago I was feeling so good, I even called my GF at night and told her, that I´m feeling real and that everything is awesome. Now I cry every night and my thoughts are crazy and it feels like I´m losing my mind. I wish I could go back to where I was, but I can´t.. I can´t enjoy anything atm because everything sucks right now

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hang in there man,tinking about solipsism obsessively doesn't make it any more real than it actually is. Love your girlfriend, love life, and enjoy the ride while you're at it. You need concrete experiences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts