Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year! "I" had dp/dr for 2 decades. Many realizations/revelations happened to me in 2018. Take 15 mins or so to do this now. Please don't look a head at the subsequent steps. Just do the

1) sit in a quiet place and relax. Breathe in and out. If your mind has thoughts, let them come and go. Any questions or concerns the mind brings up, don't follow them. Just get centered where you are. Take about 5 mins or so.

2) having dr/dp, you are hyper aware of some "thing" inside you that seems to be obsessed with being disconnected or separate. So you should know where to look or "go" to find it. Realize this to be true. It's actually very beneficial that you have the deep longing for connection..having dp/dr will HELP you now.

3) go to "that" which tells you that you are disconnected or separate, no matter what it says you are disconnected from. Say to "it": Prove to me now, right now, of your existence. Take about 5 mins to do this. If your mind strays away to think about something else (symptoms, the past, etc) bring it back to the exercise you are doing now.

4) reply to this message with what you have discovered

Love to you all,
Gary

·
Registered
78 Posts
Happy new year!

First off, its awesome that some things are happening for you! Every tiny bit of progress is fantastic.

I did the exercise.

The thing that tells me im disonnected is some weird tension/fear feeling, if i had to pin it down.

I also got a bit of the sense that there really isnt any true disconnection, that things are fundamentally fine. Couldnt quite feel it tho as much as id like^^

I tend to get very obsessive with such exercises, im "trying" to hard if that makes sense. I need to loosen up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I discovered! My mind gave me snapshots of the past, whatever they were. But I kept saying "what about NOW"? I realized that "it" was not real. It was like a phantom that tricked me for so many years. I had such a strong (and real/authentic) laugh when I discovered this!!

If u want to try the exercise again, meet that fear or tension straight on. Really put your attention to it. I think you know what will happen to it :)

Now I'm at the point of trying to be who or what I truly am. If I'm not some disconnected, separate person what am I? In reality (which is NOT the world ANYBODY perceives) I am that which connects seemingly separate things. But in Reality a separate or disconnected person, object, "thing" has never truly existed. So we are all That (call it God, pure awareness, pure being, consciousness, etc) but we have misidentified ourselves as people who are suffering.

I think everyone should read The Diamond in your Pocket by Gangaji. It's available for free download. I'm on pg 50 of about 230 short pages.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts