1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I had this condition for nearly 15 years (pre internet days) without actually knowing what was truly wrong with me...

The day I googled my symptoms and found this forum was an absolute revelation to me.......Literally in an instant I felt 15 years of isolation and loneliness vanish...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Never heard of the condition before I found the word Depersonalization whilst trouble shooting my health problems in 2010, once I Googled it I had a EUREKA moment.

Ironically, a therapist used to tell me that I had to "depersonalize"; she was using it in the sense of not taking things personally (which I never did anyway). It makes me laugh now thinking about it; silly cow!
LMAO !!!!

Thats like the therapist who told me she was EMPOWERING me to get better.... LOL

·
Registered
239 Posts
Never heard of it till i googled after the panic attack from the devils lettuce

·
Registered
375 Posts
Like a few above have pointed out, I had no idea this even existed until I stumbled across it while looking up neurological symptoms of HPPD. I'll never forget reading the symptoms of DP and having my entire life come into view, feeling like I had finally found the missing piece of the puzzle that has always been my mysterious emotional life and past unconscious traumas. It was as if everything finally made sense and I couldn't believe I wasn't the only one in the world to experience this crazy condition. Still one of the happiest, most relieving days of my entire life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts