Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im seriously gonna get mideavel on these flippin doctors. but before i do ill tell you why.

thier answer to everything it seems is bipolar disorder. even when i tell them that ive reserched all the mental disorders to a tee and i dont relate to bipolar 1 2 3 or 10. and i tell them that i relate with ADD the most and i always get that theory dismissed. the only doctors that seem to listen to me is my primary and my psychologist.. but the psychiatrists are the ones that perscribe the meds and because i have the most putrid form of health insurance i literally have no other choice. so yea i have to be happy with my bipolar diagnosis and suck it up. it really makes me mad but what the f#ck am i supposed to do about it? i feel like there is nothing i can do but go along with it because i want to get better. so im trying soooooo hard to do just that.

so they have me on this anti-psychotic seroquel. but i really feel that i should be on a med more geared for ADD. but the psycho said that would most likely make me manic. i think she just wants me to take the seroquel. it was the only med she had in her office. a whole pile of it. and that makes me a lil suspicious ya know? it sucks i really feel like ive been tossed in the reject pile and at this rate if im off chasing willow wisps in the fog rather than dealing with the real problem how am i ever going to get well?

G

·
Boy, I sure hear you.

Bi-Polar is very very "big" right now. Insurance companies are taking it without much hassle, plus there are some new meds that the drug companies had approved for it = recently one was approved for bi-p in children. That's the next big wave - it's Illness of the Moment. Agreed.

This is why it's SO important to be well-educated in the psych arena. Remember, most people in any profession are only mediocre. That includes doctors. Most humans follow, rather than use their own minds to form opinions.

Peace,
Janine
p.s. I don't think you're bi-polar, either, for what it's worth

G

·
Wow, it's so all about money, and people are so frivolous when it comes to prescribing medication, it seems that you got to know everything yourself or else you are just pushed around by spineless psychiatrists/doctors/psychologists.

·
Registered
783 Posts
haha...i too hear ya. We all do. If it makes you feel any better, I have gotten the somatization disorder a few times now...EURIKA, IT'S ALL IN MY HEAD. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yep, manic depression seems to be very popular right now. I guess its the IN thing to be bipolar. Your exact scenario is happening to somebody in my family right now too. I think your doctor gets a mercedes if he prescribes enough seroquel by the end of the month. Its so ridiculous. Tell your doctor to shove his ridiculous diagnosis right up his fucking ass. He might as well of told you that your posessed by demons. This isnt science, its fucking ridiculous!!

Joe

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well im really flipping angry and confused about what to do now. but now im starting to think that you guys are right about getting off the seroquel. not just because of what youre saying but because i can FEEL its effects and they are POWERFUL. and i really dont feel comfortable taking a med that effects me this strongly. its CANT be a good thing if its doing that right???

im really feeling what janine said about how wierd it is that im taking welbutrin on top of the seroquel and how it doenst make any sense. ya know what... i really think that im actually smarter when it comes to psychiatric illness than these doctors are. i trust your guys opinions much more than i trust theirs. shes medding me up for the money.. and that really makes me want to cry. cause what i want more than anything is to get better. but how can i when these doctors with their false diagnosis are in my way???

there is only one thing to do then. for my own sake ill stop taking the seroquel and say that im still taking it to be in the good graces of my doctor. i dont have a choice cause no other psychiatrist takes my type of insurance.. so basically im screwed. i cant tell her no i dont want to take it give me something else cause shell push me out the door. i can already tell that she is that type of doctor. shes one of those aloof im better than you egomaniacal wind bags. so im just gonna blow smoke up her ass and tell her that im taking it and its making me feel sh1tty and making me worse. until she starts me on something else. (which may not happen but ill give it a shot anyways) and a question i have is how? but ill make a new post for that one.

thank you guys so much for your input. You see! without you guys i would still be bowing to my doctor and doing what they tell me to at the expense of my health.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I got a great idea. Crush up all of your seroquel and take it along with you next time you see your quack. When shes not looking, dump the contents into her coffee and stir gently. After shes downed her coffee she may be a little more open to suggestion.

Joe

G

·
Even my psychiatrist who works in a regional area here in Oz,told me that bipolar is the flavour of the month.

I also know somebody who has been diagnosed in the U.S.with bipolar but same story,it doesn't quite fit.

They have a bipolar association here.
Could be worth checking with the an organisation that's been operating for awhile.

best Shelly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts