Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having very strange sensations and feelings old and new ones that pop up that i thought were related to dpdr but now im starting to think its temporal lobe epilepsy that was actually causing my dpdr and probably even my panic attacks. Im going to a doctor soon to have tests and scans done but it would be very helpful if anyone on here with diagnosed epilepsy could shed some light on what it feels like and the symptoms of an actual seizure.
My symptoms include:
- feelings of numbness in the face
- zappy feelings in my head
- very sudden shifts in mood, extreme highs and lows that may only last a few seconds or few minutes and can include intense fear, anger, sadness, and happiness or abnormal confidence
- involuntary movements, twitches and muscle spasms that get worse at night
- a wierd frightening feeling that builds and builds, usually when im trying to sleep or very relaxed
- sleep paralysis
- i dont get deja vu but i used to get it alot in the past
- a freezing feeling where i just kinda zone out and dont move and think about nothing in particular and feel almost euphoric for less than a minute
- sensory anomalies like sudden taste in mouth like sweet, metalic, or salty, hearing anomalies like tinitus, pressure that are periodic and last seconds to a minute or two and happens at least once an hour.
- feelings of skin crawling, feeling cold or hot when others in the same room dont.
- and of course all the symptoms of dpdr but ive recently gotten over most of my dpdr, theres just some residual feelings left i guess and will usually come back in episodes or under stress

Theres like so many more cause i take mental notes whenever i feel something strange which is everyday but i forget them after a while (im trying to keep a journal or my phone on me at all times so i can record more)

Any imput will be appriciated and hopefully i can help someone else as well, thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I’ve gotten half of those symptoms more of the freeze don’t know where u r for a few min I got a eeg and a mri and cat scan they said all normal so I think it’s related to Dp but still doesn’t hurt to rule out

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the randomly jolting thing (Random involuntary leg and head movements and hands and arm), I somehow think it is related to anxiety because when I stopped noticing it, it went. I've had brain zaps, where you all of a sudden you jolt and it feels like someone shocked your head and you feel disoriented for a sec, I was changing from sertraline to Prozac, so I don't know if it's related. Other weird things like getting easily startled, any sudden noise will shock me in the head, and lastly, parts of my face feel tingly. All of these things happen occasionally, sometimes more when I'm worried or stressed.

Are you sure that zoning out thing just isn't the anxiety stare, I get it usually when I wake up or am tired, I'll just stare into the void motionless for a while, probably thinking about stuff?

I haven't been tested for anything, as my GP doesn't think there's a problem, so tell me how it works out! Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts