Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Emotional neglect

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ThystaBoy 
#1 ·
I really think this illness stems from emotional neglect and lack of validation as a child. Attachment issues abound.
I talk about it in therapy though I haven't got relief from the feeling of being disconnected.
I watched the clip on the actress who has dp. I was amaxied and envious of how put together she liked and sounded. I think it's amazong how she is an actress, a profession where you are looked at and empathetize with your characters.
I have a hard time feeling other ppl. Things seem askew. And it's a chore to do daily things.right now I am taking a break from work which is creating an economic deficit. I hope to return despite my disconnection. Tho I don't imagine it will be easy.
This is me today.

#6 ·
I really think this illness stems from emotional neglect and lack of validation as a child. Attachment issues abound.
I talk about it in therapy though I haven't got relief from the feeling of being disconnected.
I watched the clip on the actress who has dp. I was amaxied and envious of how put together she liked and sounded. I think it's amazong how she is an actress, a profession where you are looked at and empathetize with your characters.
I have a hard time feeling other ppl. Things seem askew. And it's a chore to do daily things.right now I am taking a break from work which is creating an economic deficit. I hope to return despite my disconnection. Tho I don't imagine it will be easy.
This is me today.
What makes you think you don't sound put together?

#7 ·
Situation is, your beliefs about things like these determine how you treat yourself emotionally, and this may end up in DPD.

Let me tell you a story. Recently I was talking to my mother about my childhood. Parents splt up when I was 3, and I lived at both of them, one week here one week there. When I was 7-10, my NPD father was always in pubs, and I was literally alone at home. Next day school, I was literally totally without guidance, alone in the house.

My mother lived in the building next to this, and she saw the lights in the window and she saw that I am alone again. Sometimes I was even ASHAMED of this, very strange how a kid's mind works. People told me it was wrong that I was alone, and I WAS ashamed. Maybe I thought I was some bad kid for being alone a lot? Going on with the story.

My mother in this recent talk, said: "Gabor, when I saw you were alone those nights, I was crying constantly. Mikey is my witness [stepfather]."

And for YEARS, I agreed to this, even felt sorry for my mother. Until I realized my self-worth issues are connected to this.

If I have a FUCKING CHILD. And I see that my BABY is ALONE at 8 years old!! I don't fucking CRY! I tell that mofo once to act like a father, I tell him twice, three times, nothing happens I GRAB MY SON, BRING HIM HOME, and HE WILL BE WITH ME!!! In LOVE, SAFETY and COMPANY! Period.

This is why I tell people to be careful with the standard advice to "forgive your parents". I say, do not forgive anyone who never apologized to you, because if you do, you are declaring your low self-worth. You do matter. Period.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.