Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my dr last week and I told him how I was feeling and that I wanted to try some new meds or something to help my dp. I asked about any brain scans or something that could help. He said I can have an eeg scan and I am scheduled to have one next wednesday.

Has anyone had an eeg scan and did it do anything or show differences in brain waves for people with dp? Any thoughts or comments? Just wondering.

Thanks
Brandon

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went to my dr last week and I told him how I was feeling and that I wanted to try some new meds or something to help my dp. I asked about any brain scans or something that could help. He said I can have an eeg scan and I am scheduled to have one next wednesday.

Has anyone had an eeg scan and did it do anything or show differences in brain waves for people with dp? Any thoughts or comments? Just wondering.

Thanks
Brandon

G

·
i had an EEG done months ago, cuz my old psych wanted to check for Seizure activity. There was ONE small abnormality but the neurologist said its signifgance was unclear. My new psych says it appeared in the part where they flash weird lights in your eyes when they are closed. He says it just means that i just have a sensative nervous system and that was just a display of it

i dunno

G

·
i had an EEG done months ago, cuz my old psych wanted to check for Seizure activity. There was ONE small abnormality but the neurologist said its signifgance was unclear. My new psych says it appeared in the part where they flash weird lights in your eyes when they are closed. He says it just means that i just have a sensative nervous system and that was just a display of it

i dunno

·
Registered
556 Posts
I had an EEG a few months ago to test for temporal lope epilepsy. Results were negative. My advice is really try to be sleep deprived. They tell you that so you can fall asleep while they do the test b/c that's when they get the best readings. I slept a bit too much that night and only fell asleep for about 45 seconds in the hospital. The doctor said it didn't matter, though. He said there was still about a 90% chance they wouldn't find anything if they did it five more times. So, since I had never actually had a seizure, i didn't see the use.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I had an EEG a few months ago to test for temporal lope epilepsy. Results were negative. My advice is really try to be sleep deprived. They tell you that so you can fall asleep while they do the test b/c that's when they get the best readings. I slept a bit too much that night and only fell asleep for about 45 seconds in the hospital. The doctor said it didn't matter, though. He said there was still about a 90% chance they wouldn't find anything if they did it five more times. So, since I had never actually had a seizure, i didn't see the use.

·
Registered
281 Posts
brandon, I have had a eeg tests for the past few years and each time they do the test it shows an abnormality in the temporal lobe area but they do not know what it is, they basically say not to worry. I said to them well I do worry because it is showing something they just cannot figure out what it is. I found the part also where the flashing lights go of very upsetting to me. I became more anxious when this was going on, it does not hurt the test, for some reason the flashing lights bothered me. I hope everything goes ok with your test. It would be so helpful if they could understand this illness more.

gem.

·
Registered
281 Posts
brandon, I have had a eeg tests for the past few years and each time they do the test it shows an abnormality in the temporal lobe area but they do not know what it is, they basically say not to worry. I said to them well I do worry because it is showing something they just cannot figure out what it is. I found the part also where the flashing lights go of very upsetting to me. I became more anxious when this was going on, it does not hurt the test, for some reason the flashing lights bothered me. I hope everything goes ok with your test. It would be so helpful if they could understand this illness more.

gem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts