Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been suffering from DP/DR for around 18 years now and most recently pretty much all of my senses have become dull. My hearing is crap even though my ear doctors says everything is fine, my vision is blurrier than usual even though my eye doctor says my eyeglass prescription is the same, I can barely smell anything unless its right in front of my face, sensation of touch is not as vibrant as they once was, and I have trouble feeling hot and cold. I also have most if not all of the classic DP/DR symptoms. Life overall just feels so dull and lifeless. I know i should probably have figured this out in the last 18 years of this (I have had years with remission but it keeps coming back and gets worse) but, does anyone that has similar symptoms to me have any tips to what helped them get out of this state after chronically being in it? I am open to trying anything at this point.

Thanks,

Zach

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't been dealing with DP/DR as long as you have, mine has been about 4 months but I'm having the same problems. I would like to give some hope though because I Know it's possible to get out of this and stay out 3 people close to me have delt with the same thing we are dealing with my mother, brother, and sister have all beat DP/DR so I will give you the advice they have given me. My brother used the linden method and recovered in about a month after following the method, I would like to note that it's kinda expensive and it basically tells you to keep yourself as busy as possible regardless of how you are feeling if you want more information just let me know. My sister got through it on willpower alone and also keeping busy, for her it lasted about 6 months, she still has anxiety but none of the DP/DR. My mother takes Klonopin along with keeping busy and fallowing the linden method she did say that the Klonopin is what took away the DP/DR for her. I have been trying to do the linden method but I'm not sure it's for me so I also got the DP manual but they are very similar so id opt for the DP manual because it's more affordable. I just started Prozac after having a very bad experience with BusPIRone (I don't recommend BusPIRone) but it may work for some, before I took BusPIRone I only had DP after the BusPIRone I have DP/DR and the DR is intense I won't go into detail. I figured I'd just put some success stories out there to give hope, and hopefully we all will get through this. I Hope this helps someone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts