1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Derealization

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas
May 29 2014 11:59 AM

I need help, I have fully recovered from dp/dr and I always wondered if ican do drugs again, and it was drug induced and it was from marijuana, I tried weed again but it just brought it back and took me about a month or so to get rid of it but again I am fully recovered and haven't touched drugs in a month or so, I also tried drinking but it almost brought it back, I used to party all the time and I don't feel much fun anymore if I can't do a drug that won't give me anxiety or a panic attack, any suggestions? I was thinking codiene and promethazine but can that induce anxiety and panic attacks? And what about Xanax? I know it helps with anxiety and panic attacks because that's what it is for but I get scared to do drugs because it took me a long time to feel normal again, will a Xanax high be okay and relaxing? And will drinking codiene with promethazine be relaxing too? And I'm not going to be doing this all the time I just want something to do occasionally that involves drugs, thank you

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
May 29 2014 04:45 PM

You probably shouldn't do any drugs besides alcohol and marinuana just for health reasons... But in terms of depersonalization I'd wait probably a few months before doing anything and do it slowly when you do no need to rush into it

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas
May 29 2014 05:11 PM

Thanks! Have you ever experienced derealization? If so how? And have you recovered?

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
May 29 2014 05:36 PM

Yes haha actually It was drug induced too I smoked weed and had a huge panic attack

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
May 29 2014 05:37 PM

Not recovered yet I've made improvements it's been about 7 months definitely getting there though and I drank just 4 shots the other day and my mind couldn't take it. Depersonalization is highly triggered by alcohol I was going crazy

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas
May 29 2014 09:08 PM

Yeah just a sip of alcohol almost made me have another panic attack, do you still smoke weed?

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas

Yeah just a sip of alcohol almost made me have another panic attack, do you still smoke weed?

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

dionwoods987654321
May 29 2014 10:58 PM

No way I don't plan on doing it again it was my first time trying and not that I'm against it don't think it's bad for you one bir but the panic I had smoking was the most terrifying it's ever been. If it's something that worked for you be very cautios but I would seriously wait for a full recovery and then even a few extra months then when you start it again start off slow nothing big at all a hit to three hits nothing more for the first month you don't wanna go back to being depersonalized don't do anything worse than alcohol either no pills for health and depersonalization reasons.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

sirlee
May 29 2014 11:43 PM

you already know the answer man, you want someone to justify it for you, but deep down you know what the hell is going to happen.

If you think you cant have fun without drugs and/or alcohol then you might need to look deep within yourself, and im not some old 40 year old who is just a bummer, I'll be 22 in 18 minutes. I did drugs too, for over a year consistently, it led me here. This site has been amazing, but if I had it my way I wish i would have never had to learn this site even existed. Look within yourself and sorry to be so harsh but grown up man, you owe it to yourself, no one else. life is way more than fucking drugs, and its such a paradox i learned that after drugs, but then again most things in life are.

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas
May 30 2014 03:40 PM

Thanks man and I know what you mean! There's times where I think that drugs really have no purpose but then I think again that that is who I use to be but life is made to make mistakes and learn from them and better ourselves. I guess I am done with drugs. It's not like I'm being myself it's just a major change in life and I'm willing to accept it for the better instead of the worst. Thanks to everyone who commented and shared what they had to say! Have a great day to all of you. Thanks again

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

miguelangeltexas
May 30 2014 03:40 PM

Thanks man and I know what you mean! There's times where I think that drugs really have no purpose but then I think again that that is who I use to be but life is made to make mistakes and learn from them and better ourselves. I guess I am done with drugs. It's not like I'm being myself it's just a major change in life and I'm willing to accept it for the better instead of the worst. Thanks to everyone who commented and shared what they had to say! Have a great day to all of you. Thanks again

Hair Arm Eye Jaw Gesture

Haumea
May 30 2014 05:53 PM

If you need to do drugs, you're not really dealing with the issues that are causing the DP.

People don't just do drugs for no reason - they do them because their sober state is intolerable or boring or uncomfortable, etc.

That is where the issues are.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts