Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
OK i have 2 questiona for you all the first one is: how do you feel when you are driving? No matter the distante and the second one: how do feel about sex how do you feel in the situation, i dont want the details just the feelings do you feel better do you feel worse?
Ok so about the driving sometimes for me is really hard its just too much things (i have a motorcycle) and drive make me feel worse when in the middle of the street because it usually made me concentrate more and i dont have the concentration and when i NEED to drive for another city i barelly can remember what i did and usually when i stop i have a panic attack thinking about it. About the sex i dont know what to say the only time i tried to do it with dp i got a panic attack and had to run back home (it was a girl i met in a party).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Driving is one of the only times my dp returns now. I think it has to do with the increased anxiety and the thought that if your dp takes over you may crash. Especially because i feel like my body is driving for me and i cant control it the way i want which causes more anxiety and makes everything worse. not sure if that makes sense.

about the sex when dping. Im trying to think back to when it was the worst. (I am almost fully over my dp, years later) but i usually never have a problem with it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Driving is the only time I feel normal. It forces my mind to focus on the road and less time to think about my issues. It also proves to me hat I can be competent in something lol

Can't really handle highways though, going at the same speed and seeing the same thing makes me zone out a bit which scares me

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't even have a license. Have been planning to get it for years but my condition stops me. Travelling by car is one of situations which trigger physical DP symptoms for me (detachment from body etc.). It especially occurs on highways. Can't really imagine myself being a driver, although many people say they tend to feel less anxiety when driving. Riding a bicycle is not a problem so perhaps it's a matter of having control.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well..I like to drive, it can help me, and it can do nothing.
As for sex..well..depends on the girl, ya know...just kiddin (a serious joke). Sexxay time didnt make it worse for me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I cant drive with this shit. My vision feels so disconnected, the concentration is even worse.... awfull

1 - 6 of 6 Posts