Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think drinking can possibly be stopping me from recovering? I don't drink every night just socially when I'm out with friends. It pretty much helps me to relax and get out of my head. I had DP once before back in 2009-2010 and I went cold turkey from alcohol for about 6 months. When I started drinking and hanging out with friends again it really helped me to get out of my shell and make a 100 percent recovery.

The only reason why I got DP again is because earlier this year I smoked marijuana again and bam the feelings came back. I had completely forgotten how DP felt and that marijuana had caused it. Biggest mistake of my life. Anyway please share your thoughts on drinking. Thanks!

·
Registered
978 Posts
At the start it was a big no from me, was causing my own misery, the next day I was even more DP'd. Doesn't do this anymore, so I guess you will know if it causes anxiety or intensifies your DP

·
Registered
344 Posts
Once the alcohol wears off you'll typically feel worse than before you started drinking. It's not healthy, period and DP is no exception. I would avoid it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If alcohol lowers your inhibition to the point you think you can smoke marihuana, then it's time to give it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts