Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this issue where sometimes when they try to recall something, you're unsure if that memory came from a dream you've had or if it was real life? Sometimes I find myself pondering to whether I really did that or it was a dream I had. I guess with this disorder its hard to differentiate between dreams and real life, simply because real life feels like a dream
icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had vivid dreams so I felt more alive in them than in real life but they were mundane in content so I started questioning if it was an alternate reality or something and felt really messed up. Same with the confusion about whether I imagined something, if it was a dream or a memory. I think getting good sleep helps a bit but that can be pretty hard or writing down things that happen in the day and not recollecting dreams

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had vivid dreams so I felt more alive in them than in real life but they were mundane in content so I started questioning if it was an alternate reality or something and felt really messed up. Same with the confusion about whether I imagined something, if it was a dream or a memory. I think getting good sleep helps a bit but that can be pretty hard or writing down things that happen in the day and not recollecting dreams
When I wake up, I usually stare into space for a few minutes while my mind randomly thinks about the dream. Maybe I should break the cycle and just get out of bed immediately, so I don't remember things from dreams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts