Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

What I get a lot which is really weird is that ill be staring into space, or sometimes just concerntrating on something ac all of a sudden had a feeling like Ive just woken up and taken my surroundings in. I've had it a lot in class is school it's quite scary. The best way I can describe it is it's as if you were 'reading' a whole page of a book and then you realise you haven't been taking it all in. ANyone else experience this? HELP! Then afterwards everything would fell weird and not real!

· Registered
35 Posts
Yeah it happened to me also, don't worry because depersonalization and derealization has so many symptoms that frighten you , but I guess you get gradually used those sort of symptoms, not to see it all or to feel like in another world, but what the hell. Sooo, don't be afraid and pinch yourself in the arm to feel you are "alive" for example, what i do is to slap myself in the face and that works for me for a while. Try to pinch yourself and then concentrate exclusively on what the teacher says or you can raise your hand and ask him if you can go to the bathroom and when you feel better, get back to class ok?

You will get through this, you'll see it. Have a nice day along wiht dp dr lol. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.