Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed dreams can play a very substantial role in the lives of those with DP/DR, and for some it may be the exact opposite. For some we get very vivid and disturbing dreams while others say they don't dream at all. So my goal with this thread is for everyone to share their dreams if they'd like. Go into full detail of what it was about, analyze them, and talk about how it personally affected you, etc.. The choice is yours and I hope it helps somewhat, share away.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Its been a while but i got this specific dream (nightmare) back when i developed dpdr again nearly 3 months ago. Its the most vivid dream ive ever had in my life and it felt completely real, even when i woke up, i felt i was still dreaming the same dream for a while after. It was the beginning stages of my dpdr and it was different than when i had it last time so i was absolutely flipping out and stuff. I accually think that was the most lost ive been in all this honestly. I had watched a video about a dude talking about meaning of life and stuff and he had us do a exercise about mindfulness of the present moment (meditation) which id never done before and it worked and then i feel asleep in under a minute, i stg. I started dreaming immidiately.
I drempt of an imaginary friend of my brothers who told me "hey. I BET i can get you to trip on acid without you ACCUALLY taking acid." So i said "ok, try me" and i dont remember what he did or said but it worked and i literally started tripping out in my dream. It was scary as shit from then on till the end of the dream. (Ive never taken drugs other than marijuanna in real life btw) After some shit i dont remember, something happened where i got mortally injured and there was blood everywhere and i went to feel my head cause it hurt and it felt caved in on one side. I was in my kitchen and started yelling to my parents "guys! I need to go to the hospital! Im dying!!" My parents didnt even seem very concerned tbh. I think the significant thing here is my dad was here. My dad died in real life 5 months before in the hospital before this dream. After yelling to them, my vision went black and i fell to the ground. I awoke in a hospital where my parents were happy to see me awake and were trying to get me to suck on freezy pops. It was like id had a stroke cause i couldnt talk correctly no matter what i did. I couldnt talk coherently or form coherent thoughts in dream and my face felt numb and droopy, it was freaky as hell and i totally thought all this was real. (I think my face and head felt numb cause when i accually woke up, my head was numb because it was propped wierd on my pillow) It was super vivid. After that, lots of freaky shit happened and then i was on an adventure looking for whatever was making me this way and i found the original dude who did it and he was like "oh no, that accually wasnt me, it was this evil witch girl" or something and eventually i found the girl who "was behind the whole thing" who was evil and stuff and i tried to stop her and then i woke up to my mom yelling at my sister to go to bed lol...i was only asleep for 2 hours and i thought me waking up was a continuation of the dream for the longest time till my mom kinda brought me back to earth and i fell asleep again. Ive never had a dream so trippy, vivid or realistic in my whole life. God damn, i still think about from time to time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts