Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wanted to share some thoughts on my visit to Dr Simeon who is highly experienced in dp / dr. I've tried to see her for several years and finally got in.
She wrote the book "Feeling unreal"
It was a 1.5 hr consultation.
We went through everything from start to today. My Dp/ DR was manageable for many years until I got Menieres disease in Jan. 2019....that brought it all on again. On a scale 1-10, I am a 10 now being worst. I used to be 5,6.
Anyway, her recommendations were the following:
-Increase my celexa 20 mg to 40mg and can even go to 60mg as 20mg is minimum and is probably not doing much.
-Also, she uses lamictal and or naltrexone with ssris to manage dp/ dr. I will probably add one after things settle down.
Lastly, CB therapy is a must she said. It helps to control even get rid of the OCD inward thinking so you can carry on with your life, something I am going to do.

I hope this helps, especially you young kids. If I had the info out there now about this disorder years ago, I'm pretty sure I would be recovered today.
Wishing Peace of mind to all

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hope this helps, especially you young kids. If I had the info out there now about this disorder years ago, I'm pretty sure I would be recovered today.
Wishing Peace of mind to all
Thank you so much. It's good to hear Celexa is helpful.

I started taking Citalopram couple of days ago. I take it in the evening around 7pm-8pm. It makes me a little nauseous. The nausea goes away after about 9am the next day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
She's very knowledgeable, she knew exactly what I was talking about, every symptom, even finished a sentence before I did. Her approach is meds, only a few select, and CBT.
Also, talk therapy if you got it recently, I'm too far gone for that....been too many years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is trying to get me back to when I was on a 5-6 scale of dr/dr symptoms prior to getting Menieres

then, she said we can go from there to move forward

she said she has seen many clients who have this disorder for many years who have recovered but its a lot of trial and error

everyone is different and responds differently

·
Registered
445 Posts
Where are you from Luke7? And did you have to pay for a private consultation? I'm not really satisfied with the medical help I've received thus far. It's like they don't really care, not interested often give me medications that make it worse (citalopram nearly caused me suicide). I've invested a lot in alternative healthcare routes like hypnotherapy but nothing has really broken the back of it. Just watching my life pass me by over here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dr Simeon is not cheap. $600 for the consultation and then $300 / visit after if you keep going.

She is in Nyc and I live in Westchester NY so still quite a ride for me.

My dp was triggered by smoking weed but in her opinion, that just brought out what was brewing which was a very bad break up a year prior. I just couldn't handle it back then, it tore my world apart, hence dp keeping me in this safe, but terrifying world and away from reality.

Celexa can be a hit or miss. Klonopin was my savior in 1999 but again, that may not work for all. That got me to a level 5.

I was just put on Seroquel by another dr and it made me feel just horrible. Again, everyone is different.

It's tough ..no other way to put it. I think if you catch it early, you can beat it. My chances are much less. No one even knew what dp was in the 80s.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ah right, out of the question for me then, being in England an all. My latest DP was from a break up, well that and chronic insomnia. But the real worst thing now is existential anxiety I feel. Its been more or less a year feeling like this. It gets tolerable over time but im unsure if thats me getting used to it or me actually recovering

·
Registered
54 Posts
Find your Reality and in an Instant you will realize that you have never been disconnected from anything. That which inside you is searching for Its own Reality is God Itself. No medication will make It realize this. Dr Simeon means well but she herself can’t see past the veil of the dream world. This yearning inside you, which I’ve known for over 2 decades, is God itself searching for itself. It’s your own Reality searching for itself for it realizes something is just not right with the world of separation. This will bring you peace.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts