Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RECOVERED PEOPLE PLEASE. DONT WANT TO TRIGGER.

It's mostly gone .. but I just get disturbing thoughts like .. everything is just an "image" and people are just "images" that make noise. What's the difference between an object and a person? One talks? I feel very alone and disturbed, I almost hate looking at stuff now. Will this pass. Is this even a normal symptom. Please advice

·
Registered
11 Posts
You know I read a reddit post the other day that said something similar to what you're feeling.

(I'm not recovered but I can't feel any worse than I do now so I'm going to reply anyway)

The person said that photos don't feel real, people don't feel real. Nothing makes sense.
I think everyone on here can understand exactly what you mean

Me personally I think this everyday and not just in picture I question the existence of everything and wonder what makes life real.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes very normal ,but it will last a bit so dont get upset.
Now to the image part.What is an image ? A painting ? A jpeg file ?
Believe me ,sometimes if you use a different word for the same thing ,you will be surprised what a difference it makes.
Lets say you are living in the year 1800 and there are no computers and digital images ,and you got DR and you start to recover ,would something like "people might be images" come into your mind ?

What you are experiencing now are the traces of DR and I would also say a bit of solipsism (which comes from th state of disociation when you felt alone)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes I have experienced it ,sometimes it was totally gone ,sometimes it came back when I got stressed.It will come and go until you finally one day dont feel bothered by it ,you will regard it as any other thought that has no real significance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I had such thoughts before DR I was never scared of them.Some of them I actually used to enjoy.
With DR you tend to dwell in such thoughts ,without DR you can easily dismiss them.So in summery yes you will overcome them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts