Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’ll get straight to the point, I’ve had DR for 3 years and at one point I had almost fully recovered - about 6 months ago I accidentally vaped K2 spice, I didn’t realise it was spice. The trip felt like a bad weed high (paranoia, anxiety, fear, etc) I didn’t think much of it until a few days when my cognitive functions had been shot and my DR relapsed. My symptoms feel much stronger than before from when I first had DR. I feel slower and dumber and react angrily to minor things. I feel like I have dropped in IQ and like I will never be the same. Is there anyway for me to be like my former self and can I recover from this feeling of being stupid / slower? Thankyou all

·
Registered
2 Posts
100%
I've recovered from intense DR (probably induced by synthetic weed)
I literally felt like I fried my brain for good, school was horrible, I forgot everything from the past day, had all the symptoms you listed. I was grieving because at that time I was just 16 years old and thought i destroyed my entire potential in life. Fortunately this was not the case.
Reassure yourself that this only stays as long as you worry about it.
For me going to the gym and lifting helped a ton, make sure to sleep 8hrs every single day and dont do powernaps (at least for me makes the DR a lot worse)
Obviously dont do drugs (including caffeine)
Accept DPDR, be patient. No matter how intense the symptoms are, they will never destroy your brain, it will only affect you short term.

I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100%
I literally felt like I fried my brain for good, school was horrible, I forgot everything from the past day, had all the symptoms you listed. I was grieving because at that time I was just 16 years old and thought i destroyed my entire potential in life. Fortunately this was not the case.
For me going to the gym and lifting helped a ton, make sure to sleep 8hrs every single day and dont do powernaps (at least for me makes the DR a lot worse)
Accept DPDR, be patient. No matter how intense the symptoms are, they will never destroy your brain, it will only affect you short term.

I wish you all the best.
[/QUOTE
100%

I wish you all the best.
hey, thank you so much for your reply, I feel a lot more reassured and will do my best for recovery. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts