Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is yours severe? Mine definitely takes away me ability to lead a fulfilling life, and is sometimes debilitating. I accepted it for about 5-6 years but recently realized I can’t anymore. I need to know what it’s like to have an occasional break from it. I’m realistic that a total absence of symptoms is probably impossible. But the occasional break after having it 24/7 for 13 years would be beyond amazing. I wish there were more success stories after such a long time

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
My DP was a function of a rare epileptic syndrome. My initial seizures at age 17 featured a post ictal psychosis that segued into

the affective disorders of major depression. I had an episode of major depression about every 8 years over 40 years.

In between episodes, I suffered focal seizures, and frequent ocular migraines. I didn't understand any of it until I found

a case history in a British Neurological journal that matched my own. I had ECT 6 years ago and it resolved all of my

symptoms except for the occasional mild ocular migraine. My EEGs are abnormal, showing the pathology in my

dominant temporal lobe. I no longer have focals. I don't think I will ever have another major. My DP is gone after

40 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts