Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been discussed or posted here yet but I just stumbled across this article that talks about the vagus nerve and in the very first sentence it mentions depersonalization as a symptom of its dysfunction. So many people have stomach problems here as well as fatigue and anxiety and it sounds like the vagus nerve specifically controls those conditions. Might be an interesting read for those interested...

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/28-ways-to-stimulate-your-vagus-nerve-and-all-you-need-to-know-about-it/

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Read the whole article, & it's very interesting indeed.

He also wrote an article about his opinions on DP here: https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/depersonalization-its-causes-and-potential-solutions/?_ga=2.156052667.1888313713.1519215238-1627715168.1519215238

Would like to know what TDX thinks of his research & ideas...

EDIT: Upon closer examination, the website seems to be from a guy who claims to have fixed his own health issues & is now trying to earn money from it.
Yes, I read that too. It's important to be skeptical of most all Internet articles and dogma, however he cites most all his information which is what's required of any respectable journalist or author when it comes to transcribing research. Also, just because someone makes money from something doesn't make it inherently inauthentic. I disagree with a lot of what Harris Harrington does but you can't argue with how much time and effort and research he's put into his "business." The amount of pure DP-DR information he's relayed to the general public via YouTube is more than anyone else has. There's something to say for that...

I've been reading up on DP, HPPP and Visual Snow Syndrome for a good few years now and all roads point towards the nervous system, inflammation, anxiety, childhood trauma and unfortunately cell death in severe cases. He makes a very compelling case for the relation to DP, however in cases like mine where HPPD and visual snow are also implicated I'm of the belief it's more than just the vagus nerve given the wide-ranging visual problems present in these conditions which likely correspond to other nerves.

Either way, after a few years I think I have a pretty firm grip on DP and am very happy to say my life makes a hell of a lot more sense now. I've always felt like my life was a scattered array of random puzzle pieces and now I at least have a vague idea of what the actual puzzle looks like given how many of those pieces I've been able to connect recently. Hopefully one day we'll understand exactly what this is and more importantly how to prevent and treat it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts