Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday a weird thing happened. My DP actually went for the first time in about 8 months or so, then it came back a bit and then went and at the moment it is like 95% not there.

All this sounds great (and it is) but I feel so lost inside, like I dont know myself anymore. I almost feel like I have just been born again and that any memories I have are not me, they are someone else.

I guess I could put it down to the fact that during the months of having DP i wasnt myself so I almost need to bridge the gap and I also think I have suffered a major loss of confidence. I always thought once I lost the DP I would be exactly the same as I was before it started but this doesnt appear to be so.

Any comment, Janine, anyone who has got better or anyone else for that matter!

Genie

G

·
Maybe there are other problems in your life that have to be addressed.
Maybe the dp was just one piece of the overall misery (inside of you or outside).

Or maybe there is something the dp is trying to protect you from, and being dp free means that you have found another copying mechanism so the dp isn't required anymore.

Either way, the issues remain, no matter where the dp is.

Anyway, all I have written above is just a well meant guess, everything coul be totally different also.

Hopefully you find some grip and still remain dp free.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well...quite normal to feel like that after putting down your mask which you wore for so long...You are yourself now - play and find out your preferences and the things you dislike...

You are now in the end-proces of healing (ie. you are human again). You did things you did not like (either because you were afraid or because you wanted to manipulate). You are human again not the rational robot anymore.

Now you have left the old habits behind you you feel naked and weird. You are a child again :lol: explore the world and feel everything! Great!

It is a breathtaking experience :wink:

·
Registered
86 Posts
genie said:
I always thought once I lost the DP I would be exactly the same as I was before it started but this doesnt appear to be so.
I personally am not rid of my DP yet, but I imagine that if you are not DPed and don't have it anymore, it'll still be with you forever. There's no way of forgetting that time in your life, especially since it was a time of recovery and growth.

-Grant with an "R"

·
Registered
723 Posts
coming out of dp myself hopefully and feel this too. i'm putting it down to: before dp i didnt think of self much. i always thought i had a particularly strong sence of self but thats as far as the analysis went. what i'm trying to do is get involved in stuff other than me, like reading or watching a film. i think this stage will go as long as i try not to analyse it. keep doing stuff

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its good to know someone else is feeling like this pdr. I am hoping that slowly,day by day I will get a bit better from now on until eventually turn back into 'me.' It does feel as though my whole confidence and personality I have built up over the last 21 years has been wiped clean and I'm having to start from scratch again. I guess only time will be a healing with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts