Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

After 4-5 years of severe depersonalization (and still suffering from it) I thought and decided that it would be a good idea to register here. I suffer from this mental state for quite some time - and especially last few months is it very tormenting to say at least. I don't want to get to deeply into this because it is a very long story - andthis is only an introduction But I will of course tell more about it at the forums later on.

What I hope, is that people here can help me to learn to cope with this mental state - and to talk to people that really understand what I'm going through and vice versa. Because unfortunately, even though a lot of people feel with me in my social circle. Most of them cannot even imagine in the slightest what I experience - and even I find it very bizarre sometimes. And I hope people can relate more to what I experience.

I'm looking forward to post here - and maybe to help other people here in the future too! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did u tried to recover? I mean 5 years.. dont want to be harsh but what did u do in meanwhile, did u continued with bad habits ( alchohol, drugs..) did u stop it after developing dp? Hard to imagine dp for years

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did u tried to recover? I mean 5 years.. dont want to be harsh but what did u do in meanwhile, did u continued with bad habits ( alchohol, drugs..) did u stop it after developing dp? Hard to imagine dp for years
Don't worry it is not harsh at all in my eyes. I never did really know I had DP, I kinda suspected it but never knew for sure - and forgot about it, came back to it sometimes but now I decided investigate DP some more. Even now I know it not 100% for sure I suffer from DP or that it is something else - but I think it is DP. I made a topic in the meantime where I explain some more details of my state, but that needs to be approved first.

To give an answer to your question. Yes I continued with my bad habits for a while. Reason being, that I was not sure if those were the habits that caused or increased the problems. And the stimulants gave me a lot of benefits. Also a lot of people who did use those stimulants never had any real problems with them. So I thought it was very unlikely that they had anything to do with it.

However, after a while when it is was some more clear that they did increase my bad mental state. So I reduced my intake a lot. I never abused them btw - very careful person here haha. But even with the reduction the negatives seemed to outweigh the positives more and more. So I thought it might be a good idea to stop for a while.

For the rest I life normal life with a job. But all of this is extremely hard with the DP.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well alchohol and weed can make your dp stay there as it is, its not great thing for dp sufferers... Coffe isnt good choice either but hard to avoid for many people. Well you should do blood tests maybe there is some inbalance in hormones, or viruses, bacterias, heavy metals etc.. but i doubt mostly its anxiety/stress based dp. Anyway you should see doctor to check u

1 - 4 of 4 Posts