Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't know, Vanderbilt is the largest medical college in the state of Tennessee. It houses a myriad of different programs and has one the largest research clinics in the country. The reason I tell you this is because I want to petition Vanderbilt to open up part of their research hospital for the study Depersonalization Disorder.

And I only say Vanderbilt as an example. It could be any hospital. The fact is Britain has the Maudsley Hospital, what do US citizens have? Nothing. And there's no reason people should have to leave the country to get proper treatment for this disorder.

Most people regard Depersonalization as a rare disorder and this is why there's no funding and no pressure for doctors to discover a cure. But we know better. Anyone who's ever had it knows how debilitating and lonely it feels. That's why a public out cry needs to be made so doctor's know how many of us there are and that we don't want to deal with this anymore.

If you are tired of living as a former shell of yourself, I suggest you stand with me so that we can make a change. I'm not stopping until there's a cure and all of you should expect no less.

Now I'm still trying to figure out how to setup the petition. If anyone wants to help they can message me.

Don't worry a cure is only a matter of time.

·
Registered
770 Posts
There is no official treatment for DPD -so to come to the Depersonalisation research unit don´t mean your are getting a better treatment than elsewhere. What is needed to know is known. There is some test however that I would like to see. That is a qEEG examination of DP - I think it would look like one with a migraine or ADHD;lots of theta waves and a REM study of sleeping pattern. If DP is a parasympatic/self-hyponotic defence response your sleeping is properly not normal because the parasympatic system is out of balance.Something to do with the 2.vagus nerves; the dorsal vagus and lateral vagus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.