Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm in DESPERATE need of some support, cos I'm scared, and made a stupid mistake last night...

Outright Stupidity / 90% recovery gone
So, last night I did the stupidest thing in 4 years of my life...

I inhaled a hit of cannabis. There really is no excuse except that I was really drunk @ Allman Brothers/ Lynyrd Skynyrd Concert. Usually I freak out after the tiniest bit hitting me, but I didn't. Didn't even feel the residual effects until today. I don't think I even got that much in my lungs.

Anyways, I woke up TODAY, and the DP/DR (constant) is back. I'm so sad. I vowed to never do this again, and didn't for 3-4 years.

Thoughts and a question to those with Drug-Induced DP/DR
It's been a long time since this curtain of haze / fear of movement & outside world was upon me, and I'd forgotten. I'm having dizziness, a cloudy mind, fear & adrenelline hitting, buzzing in the ears, unreality, sensory testing, flashing (movment feeling odd), floating feeling, and a new thing...numbness in the arms & hands.

Does anybody else have this? Also, how much did you intake to induce your DP. I took in MASSES more and it took two years to get 90% recovered...now i'd say I feel it about 30%. Do you think that if I start to retake my Celexa + Klonopin <--- (which is the only thing helping) that I'll get back to normal within a year?

feeling sad / stupid
Has anyone else done this? Relapsed. I feel so stupid, no one to support me. This voice in my head keeps going "I told you so, I told you so." Even my family is having that reaction, and i feel i've F'd my whole future and recovery...

Meant to happen + Positivity
One thing I do Know for sure, is that this was a lesson to never EVER do any sort of drug again. It's really a sad time for me, and I don't know what to do with myself. I've built up University, midterms, a trip to Japan, and am wondering how to deal with all of that. But, I WAS at 90% recovery rate before, so I could get there again RIGHT? And it's only the day after, RIGHT? <--rationalizations. :(

ANY support you guys could give me I'd really appreciate, as I'm rather in tears about this, and i feel pathetic and stupid...

(Wow, this is the most open / honest I've been to the board ever!)

Sincerely,

Sixtiessoul/Doug/DJ/That70sboy

·
Registered
723 Posts
hi doug

i went into dp initially after drug abuse. since the initial episode i have, stupidly, taken rec drugs a few times. these times have been one offs not sustained use. anyway after coming down i've had hideous dp/anxiety etc. however, it has only lasted for a few days before starting to subside. dont panic. eat vitamin c and b complex, restart your ads if you need too. i'm sure you'll be back to where you were in your recovery fairly soon :)

G

·
Lynrd Skynrd and Allman Brothers are still around? Jesus, i remember my dad ( who worked in the concert business) telling me how strung out on drugs the Allman Brothers were.

My mom ate Lobster with them

i want to add more to this post but don't feel like typing alot, all im gonna say is WHY DID YOU EVEN CONSIDER SMOKING WEED AGAIN??

i know for sure, that i will never ever ever ever ever, even consider getting high again, no matter the circumstances.

Its all Poison

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pdr
Thanks so much. It's good to know that someone else out there has made this mistake. I've been doing the anti-oxidant thing today. All good healthy stuff. Loads of water & orange juice, my medication, and I'm gonna take the vitamins you said. If I find that it's not working, I'll get on the celexa again. But yer right, It's even starting to subside a bit as I'm typing this...

but this is PSYCHO-biological, so I could be fooling myself as of this moment on how good i feel. We all know how that goes.

Cheers.

Doug/Sixtiessoul/Dj/That70sboy

SoulBrotha

HAHA, lobster huh?

WHY DID YOU EVEN CONSIDER SMOKING WEED AGAIN??[/B]
That's the whole point, I DIDN'T consider it. I s'pose I'd forgotten how horrible this all is after so long being recovered, that I didn't remember how poisoning it all was. For me, it's always been a jealousy thing I s'pose. "They can do it, why can't I?" But, that's so immature and shortsighted. I'd rather have 60 years of health and NO Dp, than 60 years of a hellish Dp'd life, and I'd forgotten.

Not now though, not ever. Agreed, it's ALL poison.

Thanks for replying.

Cheers

Doug/Sixtiessoul/Dj/That70sboy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts