Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i'm really not sure about what people will think of this, but this is how i feel about my DP:

the heart,(= love) and the starting point for feeding emotion is disconnected from the breathing wich is what keeps us in the moment and in reality and what connects us with other.

i mean i can literally feel this disconnection in my body, i do not say this regardless of analysis, but regardless about how i feel.

i know i'mvery concern about my emotional body but i've no idea how you guys think about it. (i know my post sounds very buddhist and all but it's really what i feel all the time (when i'm able to feel my body correctly..)

please share your thought

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey, interesting theory. I'm much more of the opinion that the brain is what makes us feel love and other emotions, sensations etc and that this is purely a malfunction in the brain. I look at things quite scientifically though.

·
Jedi Knight
428 Posts
Interestingly, MRI scans done on people with DPDR have shown that the normal regions of the brain associated with emotional processing don't activate in the same manner as healthy people. Galvanic skin response tests also showed similar effects.

People that know me around here are aware that I have an interest in Buddhism and eastern religion, and one thing I find interesting is that breathing is commonly a focus of meditation in many religions -- I believe it is a good focus because it is both a voluntary and involuntary process, depending on where the attention lies.

Working with slowing your breathing has been proven to activate the parasympathetic nervous system response, and hence calm you, which also gives you the extra space to feel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, interesting theory. I'm much more of the opinion that the brain is what makes us feel love and other emotions, sensations etc and that this is purely a malfunction in the brain. I look at things quite scientifically though.
i think it's pretty much all link, and i guess the brain has control over everything, but i can't help but i don't know i feel like every organ also has it's own power. i don't know, really only express what i feel..

Interestingly, MRI scans done on people with DPDR have shown that the normal regions of the brain associated with emotional processing don't activate in the same manner as healthy people. Galvanic skin response tests also showed similar effects.

People that know me around here are aware that I have an interest in Buddhism and eastern religion, and one thing I find interesting is that breathing is commonly a focus of meditation in many religions -- I believe it is a good focus because it is both a voluntary and involuntary process, depending on where the attention lies.

Working with slowing your breathing has been proven to activate the parasympathetic nervous system response, and hence calm you, which also gives you the extra space to feel.
i defiantly need to start meditation. i feel it could help me. i just feel so lazy about it though..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts