Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got DP from cannabis and regret it blah blah blah, anyways I've been suffering for 3 months now and it sucks and I'm 14 years old. Right now my symptoms have gotten way worse and now i really feel more of like I'm in a movie, I feel happiness when people make me laugh and try my best to enjoy life but now its like I'm honestly waiting for my death to happen. I'm going to start to go to the gym finally and just try to get my brain chemistry back in place. I'm not showing off or anything by the way, I regret smoking that joint that day and wished I knew the risk but as a dumb ass teen,I never thought about decisions and just went with what other people said. To be totally honest I don't know what to do anymore than what I'm doing now, I feel as if i'm deeper into the movie state feeling and my brain fog has gotten worse as well, Honestly I never had that symptom were people look like there less real and lack life/soul. But now i know what the fuck people are talking about. Also i have had the thing were you don't feel right looking at yourself in the mirror, well that got worse because i feel like a stranger to myself in the mirror. Waking up in the morning is a pain in the ass because I know that i have to come back into just another shitty day. Although time goes by fast as fuck and I literally complain in the morning and then when school is finished I feel like I didn't stay there long at all and feel like I did that whole day with lack of feeling and my eyes closed. I feel like my body is being controlled even more and whenever I say something it feels like I'm possessed or some shit. Life isn't in its best days and I hope I feel better and I hope everyone who reads this, whatever problem your facing, I hope you can just overcome it. thanks for reading my sad ass story and hope you just find something in this i guess, for people going through this with me or new to depersonlization. Have a good day or night and please forgive me if me explaining my symptoms sounds like I'm talking about some Albert Eisenstein shit, but everybody who struggles with DP knows the risk of explaining depersonlization and sounding crazy. Anyways please leave advice if you know of anything that might help. :|

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also got depersonalization from smoking weed 7 months 1 week and 6 days ago. But for me I got better each month the first 4 months were brutal though but after that it got a lot easier. As of right now I'm practically back to normal all I have is brain fog a ringing left ear and slight movement when I'm sitting down or laying down but it's barely noticeable. My symptoms seem to get worse after 7 p.m. but yeah I'm going to say in a month or two I'm going to be 100% back to normal at this rate.

I don't have any advice though for me it was just waiting it out I pretty much have been staying in my room all day everyday for the past 7 months. Probably not a great idea and people have been telling me to go out more and do stuff but every time I do activities I get brain fog and my vision gets wacky. But nowhere near as bad as the first few months.

How much did you smoke? I only took three small Puffs off a pipe and it completely f***** me up. So if you smoked like a full joint or a blunt it's probably going to take a lot longer for it to go away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also got depersonalization from smoking weed 7 months 1 week and 6 days ago. But for me I got better each month the first 4 months were brutal though but after that it got a lot easier. As of right now I'm practically back to normal all I have is brain fog a ringing left ear and slight movement when I'm sitting down or laying down but it's barely noticeable. My symptoms seem to get worse after 7 p.m. but yeah I'm going to say in a month or two I'm going to be 100% back to normal at this rate.

I don't have any advice though for me it was just waiting it out I pretty much have been staying in my room all day everyday for the past 7 months. Probably not a great idea and people have been telling me to go out more and do stuff but every time I do activities I get brain fog and my vision gets wacky. But nowhere near as bad as the first few months.

How much did you smoke? I only took three small Puffs off a pipe and it completely f***** me up. So if you smoked like a full joint or a blunt it's probably going to take a lot longer for it to go away.
I only took about three or four from a joint, It fucked me up really bad and felt strange and felt like reality was turning off and on. It is crazy but I'm glad your starting to recover and hope it goes well for you man.

·
Registered
382 Posts
on the real man, id tell ur parents if u havent yet and see a physcastist, better to jump on it now man

but the heads up, if u do get on medicine, expect to feel shitty for the first 4 weeks, after that it should pay off

better to jump on this now man, dont let it get to worse

·
Registered
382 Posts
on the real man, id tell ur parents if u havent yet and see a physcastist, better to jump on it now man

but the heads up, if u do get on medicine, expect to feel shitty for the first 4 weeks, after that it should pay off

or start running every day, lay off the caffenine sodas, and tell urself, the stuff i think about is dumb and move on with life, its hard man but u can do it, but the doctor stuff, nothin to be ashamed man, and def let ur parents know

·
Registered
15 Posts
or start running every day, lay off the caffenine sodas, and tell urself, the stuff i think about is dumb and move on with life, its hard man but u can do it, but the doctor stuff, nothin to be ashamed man, and def let ur parents know
I kind of agree with letting your parents know for me I decided not to tell my parents and I had to play off the worst first 4 months of it. I couldn't eat with them because it would make everything worse and I had to stay in my room all day cuz that's how bad I was feeling at that time. The first 4 months our conversations daily we're literally two sentences long it was hard as hell to playoff although I managed to do it.

If you decide to go to the doctor and he prescribes you antipsychotics do not take them because that's what my doctor did. At the time we didn't know what I was experiencing until I went on this site and discovered it was DP and after researching DP for a bit I found out that antipsychotics make it worse which has also been costing me $100 a month. So I have been taking 4 milligrams of antipsychotics for no reason, my doctor gave me the same dose as someone who's schizophrenic which makes no sense. I know to come off antipsychotics is going to be a b**** I've tried stopping taking them but then I can't sleep and I get the worst withdrawals so now I'm going to have to taper down with my doctor watching over me. So if you do go to your doctor and he prescribes you antipsychotics tell him you're not going to take it and that antipsychotics makes depersonalization worse.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I kind of agree with letting your parents know for me I decided not to tell my parents and I had to play off the worst first 4 months of it. I couldn't eat with them because it would make everything worse and I had to stay in my room all day cuz that's how bad I was feeling at that time. The first 4 months our conversations daily we're literally two sentences long it was hard as hell to playoff although I managed to do it.

If you decide to go to the doctor and he prescribes you antipsychotics do not take them because that's what my doctor did. At the time we didn't know what I was experiencing until I went on this site and discovered it was DP and after researching DP for a bit I found out that antipsychotics make it worse which has also been costing me $100 a month. So I have been taking 4 milligrams of antipsychotics for no reason, my doctor gave me the same dose as someone who's schizophrenic which makes no sense. I know to come off antipsychotics is going to be a b**** I've tried stopping taking them but then I can't sleep and I get the worst withdrawals so now I'm going to have to taper down with my doctor watching over me. So if you do go to your doctor and he prescribes you antipsychotics tell him you're not going to take it and that antipsychotics makes depersonalization worse.
whats wrong with antiphycotics? i think i am on one, im on Abilify, actually when i was first on abilify that was the drug that brought me back to normal dp, instead of spazzing out every second, and its weird, i have this weird ass symptom but im on abilify now and when i took it for 2 days, that weird ass symptom went away

thats why i was telling the kid to jump on it now

i have a over acknowleding personality i think and i think thats why my dp has crushed me and my doctors say i have paranoia personality disorder and like everything ive read seems to be me.. but good thing is, its like dp, it can go away

but idk everyone is diff, im sure the doc will first put him on a antidepress

but anyways thats all i know

·
Registered
15 Posts
whats wrong with antiphycotics? i think i am on one, im on Abilify, actually when i was first on abilify that was the drug that brought me back to normal dp, instead of spazzing out every second, and its weird, i have this weird ass symptom but im on abilify now and when i took it for 2 days, that weird ass symptom went away

thats why i was telling the kid to jump on it now

i have a over acknowleding personality i think and i think thats why my dp has crushed me and my doctors say i have paranoia personality disorder and like everything ive read seems to be me.. but good thing is, its like dp, it can go away

but idk everyone is diff, im sure the doc will first put him on a antidepress

but anyways thats all i know
I'm on Risperidone, Antipsychotics cause more harm than good, besides being a bitch to completely come off of it also causes tardive dyskinesia which I have started to have by Rolling my tongue in my mouth and sticking it out I also move my scalp back and forth I don't even feel it happening until someone points it out the worst part is this can be permanent. So I'm trying to get off this shIt as soon as possible. Honestly unless you're psychotic or hearing voices and seeing shit I would avoid it at all cost I absolutely regret being on this stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yeah I'm starting to run more and I'm going to the gym in fact but right now I'm not doing so well and every time i get off the treadmill I feel weird, almost like I'm floating. I'm playing video games when I'm not at the gym and just try getting my mind off this shit. Right now i feel this random tingling feeling like at my head after coming from the gym and it feels weird asf, I did weights and cardio but I don't know what it is because it just feels weird it feels like im almost about to faint and feels like im extra zommed in with my eyes and it feels kinda hard to focus. My DP has gotten way worse as i was talking about. but yeah bruh I think ill tell my parents soon but its because im afraid but you know I gotta suck it up and just tell them which ill do when i get the time. I'm also a bit scared to take drugs because there is a slight chance ill just make it worse which I think would make me basically leave my body but yeah I'm going to try and keep in touch and just hopefully recover from this. Also, if yall wanna add me on Xbox one that'll be lit asf since we all have DP and i never talked to someone who had it because everyone just dosen't understand and i don't blame them to be honest :mrgreen: Anyways ill keep up with this forum and stuff and check it maybe every Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully this forum just blows up with advise, lol alright but cya guys and hope you guys stay in touch.

PS: Xbox One gamertag is---> DatFruityShii <---just HMU if you about it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah I'm starting to run more and I'm going to the gym in fact but right now I'm not doing so well and every time i get off the treadmill I feel weird, almost like I'm floating. I'm playing video games when I'm not at the gym and just try getting my mind off this shit. Right now i feel this random tingling feeling like at my head after coming from the gym and it feels weird asf, I did weights and cardio but I don't know what it is because it just feels weird it feels like im almost about to faint and feels like im extra zommed in with my eyes and it feels kinda hard to focus. My DP has gotten way worse as i was talking about. but yeah bruh I think ill tell my parents soon but its because im afraid but you know I gotta suck it up and just tell them which ill do when i get the time. I'm also a bit scared to take drugs because there is a slight chance ill just make it worse which I think would make me basically leave my body but yeah I'm going to try and keep in touch and just hopefully recover from this. Also, if yall wanna add me on Xbox one that'll be lit asf since we all have DP and i never talked to someone who had it because everyone just dosen't understand and i don't blame them to be honest :mrgreen: Anyways ill keep up with this forum and stuff and check it maybe every Tuesday and Wednesday so hopefully this forum just blows up with advise, lol alright but cya guys and hope you guys stay in touch.

PS: Xbox One gamertag is---> DatFruityShii <---just HMU if you about it :mrgreen:
they say if u go to the gym u should do light weights and a lot of reps, heavy weights can create a lot of tension, and a lot of running is awesome, keep it up man

and i dont got xbox, i use to mayne, id whoop the shit outa err buddy in madden or 2k, shit on call of duty i was like a sick quick scoper, but yuh those were the days, but still in madden, id whoop any buddy and i havent played in years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts