Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 24 years old and have been having mild panic attacks since i was about 17. I expereinced dp when i was 18 and had no idea what it was and lived with it til eventually it just passed. This time however, since ive read so much about it and have constant access to the internet, i cant seem to move past it. I finally went to see a therapist and he prescribed with xanax and zoloft. I have to admit, the xanax helps. it calms me down and the dp is not less but it is definitely more bearable. i have even had a few moments of feeling completely 'normal'.

All the books i read tell me that i have to accept my condition and stop fighting it but im honestly not sure how im supposed to do that. I usually feel somewhat better by evening time, definitely calmer, and feel hopeful for the next day, but mornings are always so bad, i wake up feeling completely detatched and scared. So then the whole day is an effort to go back to feeling hopeful and understand and accepting this condition for what it is.

I talk to my family and friends about it and this gives me temporary relief, but it doesnt last more than a few minutes. the fact that there are people out there who have recovered gives me some hope, but i dont seem to understand how to teach myself to live like this.

default_large.png

rawlex
Jun 16 2011 08:02 PM

Hey duni. I'm very new to this website, but so much of what people are saying rings true with my experiences - especially your post here. I can't really offer advice, since I've only recently been getting these feelings of dp, but I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. With all the people that seem to get over this thinking pattern, I have hope that we can too
smile.gif

1 - 1 of 1 Posts