Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I got some experience with DP/DR (since 2013), since 2015 I had overcome it totally, but since June of this year it hit me again and it was a big punch, yesterday was the WORSE day of all, i had a big trouble with existential thoughts like "why things are the way that they are" something like that. And I just realized that it does't matter if i will never find the answer to it, the best way to cope with this shit is just accept it. I know that it is hard just accept DP/DR but it is the only way that our brain can deal with it. Just imagine a person with DP/DR 50,000 years ago, probably this person would experience DP/DR WAY WORSE than us, because this person would't have meds, doctors and forums like this to cope with this shit and clearly this person survived, because if this person had died he/she would never had pass his genes to the next generation and we human would't have DP/DR in the present. i hope that i've helped someone with this words.

· Registered
298 Posts
yeah i have that same thought. i cant get over how my brain can go from locked up to free and to locked up again in no time. i then look for the switch to flip it back but the switch isnt hidden, what i need is already there. cant search

· Registered
37 Posts
Coolwhip

dude your so close if your mind is flicking out that’s great, you need to understand your anxiety is triggering your dp making you lock back up making you fear the dp because it makes you feel like you have no control and acceptance doesn’t work! it does! it’s accepting the ANXIETY UNDERNEATH that will heal you! it doesnt matter if you can’t feel the anxiety level is elevated or not it’s like a silent killer, reduce the anxiety level by keep working on accepting it and not fighting it as best you can and that switch you talk of will stay flipped off so you no longer lock up and bam it starts to go!

i just thought it’s so hard to digest this info when we are dp’d which is why i think it can take so long for many of us to understand acceptance and how to do it as we all really struggle to get that light bulb moment when we are dp’d

so please read my posts over and over about lowering anxiety level to overcome dp! it works and hopefully it will click for any of you too soon

· Registered
11 Posts
Coolwhip

dude your so close if your mind is flicking out that’s great, you need to understand your anxiety is triggering your dp making you lock back up making you fear the dp because it makes you feel like you have no control and acceptance doesn’t work! it does! it’s accepting the ANXIETY UNDERNEATH that will heal you! it doesnt matter if you can’t feel the anxiety level is elevated or not it’s like a silent killer, reduce the anxiety level by keep working on accepting it and not fighting it as best you can and that switch you talk of will stay flipped off so you no longer lock up and bam it starts to go!

i just thought it’s so hard to digest this info when we are dp’d which is why i think it can take so long for many of us to understand acceptance and how to do it as we all really struggle to get that light bulb moment when we are dp’d

so please read my posts over and over about lowering anxiety level to overcome dp! it works and hopefully it will click for any of you too soon
will i then get back to the old me 100%?

· Registered
298 Posts
Coolwhip

I appreciate your contribution. I don’t disagree with you. I know that you know what you’re talking about is true and means truth deep inside you.

Edit;To observe yourself has nothing to do with observing the past or future.. Running away is being in the past. It will always actually be right here, so if you create a system for it, you’re doing it all wrong. If it’s anything to be repeated, in your mind, you’re not gonna get anywhere. Repetition is mechanical, but like eckhart tolle said, if you aren’t split into two and there is no gaps in yourself… you’re there. The truth is not something fixed. Which means the mind must be free of all movement. Path means gradual arrival so you won’t get there from a path

1 - 6 of 6 Posts