Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have been suffering from dp/Dr for almost a year. I was going g through a stressful time had a huge panic attack and that was it from there on. This is my first post on here although I have read almost ever other post on here.
Really I'm looking for some reassurance that I will recover from this horrific thing. My heart breaks every day as I miss my kids so much that sounds so strange as I am with them every second of the day but I'm so disconnected from them it kills me I have awfull thoughts that I don't love them or any1 any more which I no are silly but it hurts so much.
I've tried almost everything to try n get better I'm going to see a phycatrist on Monday for the first time so hopefully will get some advice there

Has any1 tried the linden method and has it helped any1?
Any words of advice as reassurance would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Karrie anne

default_large.png

Felicia44
Mar 20 2015 04:22 AM

HI karrie anne I can totally relate!! I have a husband, son and daughter that I feel I cant feel love for..It is horrible.. In my experience..I am trying to figure out some things for my self..it is a PTSD reaction to having an abortion, a horrible side effect of Lexapro, or a horrible symptom of severe anxiety..because I LOVE them ..theybare awesome , son 15, daughter 7 ...none of them stress me out or cause me grief.. my new thing is I feel the same distance from sisters and pARENTS TOO.. iM 45..and those relationships are positive as well

I get very sad because my daily emptiness includes..what do I do with them..? Is this all life is? loving people? I don't get what we are all on this earth for...ok, so love them, and watch them get older and die?that is where the anxiety comes in..But I fake it tilI make it ..They dont know my feelings..im VERY involved and act like what I think a great mom does..they get multiple hugs and kisses daily.. thanks

default_large.png

ManicMarj
Mar 27 2015 11:02 PM

I just posted a blog explaining how I've reached 80% recovery, hopefully it will help guide you in the right direction!

default_large.png

my name
May 24 2015 10:11 PM

Hi Karrie,
All of us here know exactly what are you going trough.
Let me tell you my story and i hope it will help you.
I had my first panic attack when i was in college. During my college years i did lot of drinking and smoking weed, and most likely weed fucked me up. After my first panic attack that was beyond horrific everything started to go downhill. Panic attack after panic attack after panic attack...
I was so exausted and then derealisation kicked in. To make a loooong story short, I was a total wreck.
I was so obsessed with my DR and anxiety so much it started to consume my daily life. I tought i was finished. I wanted to die but at the same time i was terrified of death. Anyway, i searched and searched for some solution online and best solution was to get used to it.
If you obsess about it, your DP/DR will seem much worse than it actually is. Only thing that worked for me was not paying attention to it, as it was normal thing, as it was something that everyone has. After some time i was FULLY recovered using this 'i don't give a damn' method combined with xanax pills to help me reach satisfying levels of 'not giving a damn'. But, yesterday, after roughly 2 years with clean head i had really bad panic attack out of nowhere wich returned my DR feeling in some extent but i dont stress about it much because i'm confident that it will pass with time.
If you would like to know more details about techniques i used to get to 'i don't give a damn' state feel free to send me a private message or reply to this message, and I'll be glad to help you if i can. But one thing is for sure, DP/DR isn't permanent and it can go away if you do right things, or it can stay for very long time if you don't know what to do.

Best, and no worries.

13.jpg

D'annie
Jun 30 2015 12:18 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=CAJTcqVy9Ng

this may help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts