Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever stuttered or slurred your words when the DPs been at its worst?
Yes9087.38%
No1312.62%

·
Registered
413 Posts
now that i am conciously thinking about my speach (along with everything else :roll: ) i have found that i muddle my words a lot....

i think too much whilst talking and then forget what i was talking about...

·
Registered
413 Posts
now that i am conciously thinking about my speach (along with everything else :roll: ) i have found that i muddle my words a lot....

i think too much whilst talking and then forget what i was talking about...

·
Registered
369 Posts
sometimes I talk a lot faster than normal. It almost seems like I'm on speed. Then there are times where I just bumble over my words.

·
Registered
369 Posts
sometimes I talk a lot faster than normal. It almost seems like I'm on speed. Then there are times where I just bumble over my words.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's great when you post the same thing twice too =D

·
Registered
208 Posts
yes,yes,yes!!!!! I speak way too quickly, skip words, put words in wrong order, switch letters on to different words, go into a completley different language-called jumble!, and also sometimes can not speak at all! Very entertaining for most but damm frustrating too. Most of my loved ones can now interpret what i'm saying but with strangers, thier face is always "what the...?" :shock:

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeaaa ...i think thats why i dont like to speak very much. I end up talking complete jibberish when i go into a public place and have to ask for something or enquireing about something ...i often feel like running out!

·
Registered
39 Posts
:D i only just made the connection...i thought my speech became much worse becoz i suffer from tl fatigue...but it could be the dr/dp what which ever one...Mmmm interesting
I am aware when my speech becomes slurry its like i cant control my face and mouth just as if i have had a stroke...sometimes its worse than others...something to think about tho isnt it? thanks...jill

G

·
Extremly!! sometimes i just prefer to stay shut cuz im affraid that noone will understand what im saying or that i dont make any sense whatsoever..it sucks

G

·
do any of you speek other languages? i think switching from one to another is hard, stamering and slurring words
i spent two years trying to figure out what english is about..whatever is it i just dont seem to get it,but i think it has a lot to do with language processing in general cuz since i flipped polski nie ma tez zbyt wiele sensu!!!!!
EDIT: and this fuckin dyslexia!! i used to go on polish writing contests when i was about 13-14 years old..now i have to double check everythin b4 i click submit:(

G

·
I'm too busy thinking about my own speaking, and covering up my detachment to speak clearly or make total sense. Sometimes I'm speaking and I never have a point, my mind is always running in the back of my head simultaneously saying, "can they tell? do I sound stupid to this person? I sound like I'm babbling..."

G

·
I always think to myself, "God, you are so pathetic. He/she can tell you're going nowhere with this thought, why don't you just give up." Then after the fact, "should I even have said that? Did it make any sense??"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts