Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried an ssri and I didn’t have much hope for it. I guess I’ll try to get lamotrigine prescribed in combination for it but I really just want to try TMS. I dont know man I just wanna get better fuck this shit. I’m tired I’m anxious I’m depressed and I can’t feel any good emotions. Only thing I can feel is jealousy, anger and insecurity. I need something to get my good emotions back. Fuck this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that. I’m going to try it in combination with an SSRI because for whatever reason that yields better results in the clinical trials. And if that does not work I’ll make the case for my insurance company to cover TMS for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I’m disappointed. I tried suggesting lamotrigine to my doctor however he decided to put me on Wellbutrin instead in combination with Escitalopram which I was already on. It’s possible it could work but I’m not very hopeful for it. Anybody have luck with it

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TMS to the right VLPFC seems most promising for symptoms such as emotional numbness. And more brain areas are being revealed to help as well. Just a matter of cost and unfortunately TMS is an extremely expensive treatment. A clinic in the UK is the only one that treats patients with depersonalization as a diagnoses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts