Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 24/7 DR and the past few years it has been getting better, the fist 4 years were the worst but something has been happening the past couple years that never occurred in the first 4.

It will happen 1-2 times a month and will randomly occur, sometimes I'll be walking around or ill be relaxing but all of a sudden the foggy vision/dreamlike feeling will go COMPLETELY away but only for like 2-5 seconds and then BOOM I am right back to where I was...

I used to think "maybe I am getting better" but this has been happening for a couple years now with no improvements, It is great when it happens but it also makes me mad because it now it feels like I am being teased. I wish I could make it happen more often and sometimes I get so excited when it happens that maybe I drive it away from being to "aware" that it is happening...

I don't really know how to explain it but I thought I would post it and see if anyone else

has these short visions of freedom as well. :???:

G

·
I think that when this happens we had briefly forgotten to keep self-checking for sensations and danger signals, or self-judging for moods and perceived faults, and we were just there in the moment, doing something else, and in that gap things felt normal and real, just as they always have been. Then we become conscious of it, start scrutinizing again, and the window closes once more.

I think the more we try to make it happen the less likely it is to, as it's more likely we allowed it to happen by taking a brief break from putting pressure on ourselves. You said it happened when you were out walking or relaxing, and do you find in the last few years you have been slightly more easy-going or accepting of yourself than you had been in the first four?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that when this happens we had briefly forgotten to keep self-checking for sensations and danger signals, or self-judging for moods and perceived faults, and we were just there in the moment, doing something else, and in that gap things felt normal and real, just as they always have been. Then we become conscious of it, start scrutinizing again, and the window closes once more.

I think the more we try to make it happen the less likely it is to, as it's more likely we allowed it to happen by taking a brief break from putting pressure on ourselves. You said it happened when you were out walking or relaxing, and do you find in the last few years you have been slightly more easy-going or accepting of yourself than you had been in the first four?
Yeah the first 4 years were complete hell though, constant panic/anxiety attacks... the past couple years I have only had a couple minor ones, eventually I just said "I don't care anymore if I die or go insane" and it has been a lot better since. But it is just like you said as soon as I am aware that the feelings have subsided it comes back.. maybe if pay them no mind they will happen more frequently?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been dealing with this issue for as long as I can remember, and yes I've experienced these brief flashes of clarity, as well as longer periods - maybe a few weeks or longer - but not very often. I don't think I've ever recognized any of my moments of clarity - regardless of their duration - until after the disconnection has kicked back in. It seems when I'm super aware I just feel normal, like nothing's new or different. That's kind of hard to put into words.

This past week, with the weather cold and breezy, I've been reminded of my moments of clarity. I feel like I'm seeing clues regarding how to find clarity, what 'triggers' it for me, but so far I haven't been able to really define it yet. Your post, RedSky, has been a great reminder for me to continue to examine these 'clues'. I forget what I'm doing so easily! So thanks very much for that. Please keep us posted as you continue to learn how to deal with this new symptom (not sure 'symptom' is the best word for it, but I can't think of a better one).

Reactions: RedSky

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have had a few moments where I think for a few seconds my dr goes away and everything's normal but it literally is a few seconds cause I go wait is everything back to normal then boom back into it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts