Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
The disconnect that you have with celebrities, movies, and television is something that most experience. I would say.

That's what television is for. To disconnect us from reality and immerse ourselves in something far away. That even seems fake to me sometimes, just because I can't validate it in-person with my own eyes.

With that said, I think it might help you to get out a bit more. Do you struggle with doing that? I've had the same thing for many, many years and have only recently become comfortable with being out for extended periods.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Idk if this is still dp but when I watch the news or see celebs or real people I know exist in the same world as me on tv, it just doesn't seem real. Or like if I'm scrolling thru twitter or ig and see celebs and even my friends, it feels like I don't exist in the same plane as them. Like theoretically I could go see a celeb in real life like at a concert or go see my friends. But it just seems like they're not real and they don't really exist in the same world as me.

Watching the news is so bad too Bc I see these crimes and the crazy way the president is acting. It just doesn't seem like real life.

Maybe this also has to do with the fact that I never go out. I never leave my house and mainly stay in my bed. I haven't seen my friends in like 2 months Bc I'm scared to Bc I feel weird. I'm online schooled now. I barely even talk anymore. When my parents talk to me I just like nod or give short replies. Everyday I wake up and can't believe this is really happening, that I'm actually alive. It's the same torture everyday.
The fact is that the news and media feed our heads with repetitive negative demoralising crap constantly......Thats bound to not only make you wonder if its real (most of its made up bullshit anyway) but also its going to drag you down even more...

If I was you I would avoid watching negative stuff on tv and start watching educational stuff like documentaries etc....Try feed your head with useful stuff instead of the media bombardment of having to look a certain way or having to buy certain material things just so we can "Fit In" in society...

My dad watches the news religiously 4 times a day (Its all the same news repeated over) He also reads a daily "thrash mag" of a tabloid...Now thats his choice but what gets my goat is the fact he will sit there all day bitching about the state of the world and the people in it but yet wont do f**k all to change it....He is the classic case of being controlled by the media and news......He is also one of the most negative, narrow minded spiritually sick people ive ever met....Its no coincidence.....

Whilst I know there is alot of bad stuff happening in the world and we need to be aware of it I just think its not the type of stuff that a DP sufferer needs to be absorbing on a regular basis.....What we need is positive, educational, uplifting stuff to both lift our spirits and also to kick our brains back into gear...

As the saying goes "You are what you eat"

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think with DP it's very common to feel a disconnect from reality in general, but add to that how media and politics etc are so incredibly manipulated - likely way more than most people realize - and you have a recipe for a totally surreal existence.

I feel what OP is describing daily. I feel like I live in a world that is both removed from the one I occupy, but I also inherently sense how fake it all is. I don't believe for a second that Trump being president was an accident, for instance. Take a look at the last two Republican presidents - Drumpf and George Bush Jr. Arguably the two least fit people in the entire nation to run it, and yet they get into office. I think their goal was to serve as a type of nail in the coffin for the establishment, to disenfranchise the straight white male and to introduce anarchy. Trump is there to make a mockery and an example of the right - to make everyone point to it and say "we don't want that." It's all orchestrated.

We live in a world that is trying to tear apart any cultural heritage or identity, skew family dynamics irreparably and introduce a totalitarian existence of tyranny along with the death of free speech - and we all police each other through social media to ensure it's enforced. All this under the guise of tolerance, of course - political correctness and mass uncontrolled immigration. Europe is being decimated and nobody gives a shit. It's a terrifying world. Oh, and like I said, a fake one. I'll be damned if I ever raise kids in it.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
We in the western world live in a disguised (controlled) dictatorship....Controlled by media and government corruption.....

Its best not to listen to any of it especially if your DPed.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts