Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if everyone feels for the most part the same way? Of course anxiety is present so you can feel all the different types of anxiety symptoms and depression is usually present because of everything we deal with but when it comes time to dp/dr does everyone feel spaced out? Like your going through the day trying not to think of dp? Mind races constantly with thoughts? Including existential thoughts? These thoughts make you feel even more unreal? Seems like every new thought is terrifying? Most thoughts consist of something dealing with existence? Everything feels unfamiliar or unreal? Even objects like tv, vehicles, buildings? You kind of question why do we have those things for example? Your family friends ppl in general seem unfamiliar? You yourself feel unfamiliar? Your memories seem like that don’t belong to you? You question if you ever even existed? In a way it feels as though you just arrived on earth and have to relearn pretty much everything? Feels like your living in your head and not really present? Which I believe is another reason why we feel so disconnected. We never are 100 percent attentive but yet again sometimes it feels like we are since things can feel so strange. Just wondering if everyone experiences these things. If dp effects everyone the same way. I’m definitely on the way to recovery and these are somethings I’d like to know. If the thought patterns are the same for everyone dealing with this. When I make it out of this it will be my 3rd time around. I will write a long, great post on dp and things that will help pull out of it so any feedback on the major things that bother you would be helpful. Or if you relate to all just type yes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m sorry to hear you both experience this. It’s definitley hard to deal with but recovery is possible. I’ve done it twice before with no medication or therapy etc. it just takes a while to finally accept what’s going on and go along with it. Definitley requires some lifestyle changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts