Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think that we will truly ever know what this really is? I've been scared recently. I got back to 90% me back in september/October but had a panic attack and got back in the rut of DP. I don't really have any existential thoughts. I mostly worry about this never going away and how I feel. I have a hard time believing that it's all anxiety.

· Registered
47 Posts
You said it yourself, you had a panic attack and it got worse. Think about the last times you got it as well, were you stressed/ anxious? It's not just you, we all freak out and make the symptoms worse. I had a bad panic attack before Christmas and currently in the worse DP rut of my life:/ I know its tough but just remember its caused by your anxious mind. I'm not gonna tell you to relax because i hate when ppl tell me that but just know that you're not crazy, alone, or in a permanent situation

· Registered
53 Posts
its not 100% caused by anxiety. I refuse to believe it can be 24/7 for years and years due to anxiety. This is a seperate mental disorder that ruins lives and causes suicides. Yes its possible to get better, but i believe 100% recovery is unlikely. I too believed at the start of this disorder that in 1,2,6, 12 months this would go away and be a thing of the past. I lived my life this entire time. 15 months later, i am still depersonalized and derealized. This is not just a phase, this is a permanent way of life. It makes me so angry that my life is ruined and I can not connect to the world in a normal way again. Everything i want to live for is gone. Weirdly enough, right before this hit I was the happiest and most motivated person I could be. There were 0 issues for me to be depressed about, and suddenly shit got foggy and I didnt know what was going on. I freaked out and landed in this PERMANENT 24/7 NEVER GOES AWAY FOR EVEN A SECOND disorder. Why the FUCK did this even happen? I have never been abused, had mental illnesses, and live a reasonable stress free life. Unlike losing a leg or an arm, you lose yourself. This is fucking hell worse than any mental disorder ever. "Just ignore it bro"... god i hate depersonalization it really does RUIN lives. and were the unluckiest people in the world to be suffering with this. Id rather be in a 3rd world country. If you look through my post history, you'll see my attitude at the beginning of this disorder and how positive i was it would go away. The truth is it never does. Being positive and distracting yourself wont do shit. You can't wait it out. You're just a victim of this disorder and the best you can do is get on your knees and pray that it goes away. Pray pray pray. If that doesnt work you can always become a heroin addict

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not 100% caused by anxiety. I refuse to believe it can be 24/7 for years and years due to anxiety. This is a seperate mental disorder that ruins lives and causes suicides. Yes its possible to get better, but i believe 100% recovery is unlikely. I too believed at the start of this disorder that in 1,2,6, 12 months this would go away and be a thing of the past. I lived my life this entire time. 15 months later, i am still depersonalized and derealized. This is not just a phase, this is a permanent way of life. It makes me so angry that my life is ruined and I can not connect to the world in a normal way again. Everything i want to live for is gone. Weirdly enough, right before this hit I was the happiest and most motivated person I could be. There were 0 issues for me to be depressed about, and suddenly shit got foggy and I didnt know what was going on. I freaked out and landed in this PERMANENT 24/7 NEVER GOES AWAY FOR EVEN A SECOND disorder. Why the FUCK did this even happen? I have never been abused, had mental illnesses, and live a reasonable stress free life. Unlike losing a leg or an arm, you lose yourself. This is fucking hell worse than any mental disorder ever. "Just ignore it bro"... god i hate depersonalization it really does RUIN lives. and were the unluckiest people in the world to be suffering with this. Id rather be in a 3rd world country. If you look through my post history, you'll see my attitude at the beginning of this disorder and how positive i was it would go away. The truth is it never does. Being positive and distracting yourself wont do shit. You can't wait it out. You're just a victim of this disorder and the best you can do is get on your knees and pray that it goes away. Pray pray pray. If that doesnt work you can always become a heroin addict
Your attitude really isn't helping.. Thanks for scaring the shit out of me though...

· Registered
537 Posts
Hi I have panic attacks also and i have had dp dr since november 2015 chronic .

Like you I started to feel better then I started having terrible ocd and anxiety attacks . So dr dp returned .

Even after all this time of me having this horrid symptom of ANXIETY ! I still have hope that it can go away .

I use to think why do i have thus 24 hpurs a day even though I don't ferl anxious , but thing is I'm anxious most the time so it will.not go 100% unless the anxiety has gone completly.

I've had anxiety ect since i was 15 I'm now 33 nearly 34 so i really don't think I will ever be completely free of anxiety , so that makes it very hard for the dr dp to completly go .

If you can get the anxiety under control it can go because from everything that I have researched dr dp is from anxiety even if it's from drugs if you read people's posts they are anxious otherwise why are they on here posting shit plus commenting ???.

Don't listen to negative bullshit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.