Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've been dealing with Dp for 2 years now the scariest part of it is when I'm doing something anything walking talking and I feel like I'm loosing conciseness of what I'm doing where I am it's like my head is separated from my body and I'm just watching it all happen it scares the shit out of me because I'll be driving somewhere and I'll totally zone out and forget what I'm doing I'm terrified it's a medical issue because I can't realize where I am 24/7 it scares me

the visuals are so vivid I see floaters black spots everything looks 2d flat and visual snow is intense

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I had decades of spells which I would describe as follows - imagine your mind is a symphony of 8 musicians playing their instruments in time. Suddenly, one of the musicians begins to play off key and out of tune. You notice the change in the music. Another musician falls out, and then another. Since you are the music, things are getting very scary and you feel that if another musician stops playing your tune,

you will die. I had an EEG when I was 17. I was a minor, so the neuro consulted with my mom. She told me my EEG was normal "with one lead off". She couldn't explain further, and begged me not to need psychiatric care because it was expensive. 40 years later, I had my own EEG and my neuro basically said "your EEG has one lead off, and you're epileptic".

When your musicians start playing out of tune, it could be a symptom of a focal temporal lobe seizure. It feels like a panic attack. I would get an EEG, and leave your mom at home.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have gotten a eeg alone and they said everything was normal should I get another one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts