Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they are no longer once the person they used to be and are now flat and dull? i was just noticing how i use to talk to people much more differently with more humor and more to say then i do now. when i talk to people now, it's mostly just me talking and not being what i use to be like. it also seems i could carry conversations a lot more better and had more to think and talk about then now.

also does anyone wonder how something is funny and how something isn't? i was just watching southpark today thinking "how do i know this is funny?".

G

·
i know what u mean about becoming a dull version of what we used to be. i also find things that i used to find funny are not funny anymore.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Oh jesus, I think about this ALL THE GODDAMN TIME.

Yes I have this, it fucking sucks.

I don't what is funny and what isn't anymore. I've found myself analyzing TV trying to figure wether something was funny or not and how. I'm also alot duller than I used to be be and find it really hard to hold conversations.

I glad you posted this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it's due to me surrounding myself by so much negativity (with panic attacks, thinking the world's not real, i'm not real, people aren't real, what's funny, how to talk to people normally, thinking about this, and that, etc) the past months that i have seen very little positivity, so that is what changed me from a laid-back, easy-going man to very anxious all the time. the question is, what's the best way to influence a lot of positivity on myself?

G

·
I feel incredibly dull. I've had people blatantly tell that to my face, telling me I've changed and it really disturbs me. On top of this, while holding a conversation, i can't think about the conversation at hand, i'm constantly thinking about how dull I am and how i've lost the ability to communicate. This distracts me and I stutter which i never used to before this condition. fucking fuckity fuck fuck ass shit cunt

G

·
Zig,it's the pits huh when people tell you that you've changed and not in a good way.

That word flat again,how most of us use it from time to time.
It's so hard to be up and positive when we feel so not like our old selves.
I think dp can cause us to be foggy in the head and dp can also cause us to be depressed about our situation.

I don't know the answer excpet the old saying fake it until you make it can be of help.
Today I was asked out to lunch to meet some new people,I felt very nervous and my first inclination was to decline.
I'm glad I went along,somewhere during the course of the conversation I felt my old self again.I guess I put on my best front,tried to be light and friendly and after a while I was just that.

Some days we have it in us and others we just can't fake it.

Good luck everyone,Shelly

G

·
I wish I was feeling flat and numb.

I am not at all because I have anxiety. How can one be flat having anxiety and panic.

Also, if I had dp I would not be flat either. Because all the worries about how I used to be and how I want my life to be is the opposite of being flat.

G

·
"I"......understand where you are coming from.
Personally I don't often use the word flat to decribe my feelings.
However a lot of others do.I think they mean down,perhaps depressed,tired and lifeless,unenthused.Anything but perky and up.Lost the zest for life.

When my anxiety is high I don't feel flat either but when I'm depressed I do.
My dp makes me feel anxious and sometimes depressed so I go through a charming array of emotions,fluctuating from day to day.

Cheers Shelly

G

·
Yeah. Flat and numb is good. I no longer have good days anymore. The best I can hope for is a day deep in apathy. 2/3 of my days are spent furiously trying to ward away mental self destruction and every 1/3 day I spend in beautiful apathy. Nothing great but its the best I can do with my situation. Normally these days are when I spend it with life-affirming people with total sympathy for my problem. I tend to make the focus of my life my DP DR and most people are turned off by it. I would have acted the same way in their situation.

·
Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member
544 Posts
Try your hardest to make DP/DR the least thing you focus on in your life, and when you do that it will be better, worrying about this problem only feeds it more and more, the more you worry the more it gets you, so do the opposite, fight this thing, go with it LIVE YOUR LIFE, we only have one don't spend it worrying about a stupid thing like this.

Peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts