Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
My symptoms have changed its quiet hard to describe , i will try my best , its as if I'm trapped in my eyes or head, looking though my eyes does not feel the same it seems odd not right , i feel like im an observer of everything going on around me , I feel as if I'm not participating in life or my surroundings as if I'm observing it all .
It's really hard to describe I've had dp dr over 2 years now and I've never felt like this till now , is this dp or is it dr .
I feel like im going nuts here .
Help

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine is similar right now as well. I feel nothing.
And nothing is more terrible than something. Even a bad thing.
When heres this kind of state it makes me think i have gone so bad that heres noway to know what life is.
I have no ides how it should feel.
I live in ideas. Beliefs. Memories.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You're not nuts. That's pretty standard dr.

Dp and dr are essentially two sides of the same coin. I remember flipping between the two occasionally, depending on where my focus was.

Sometimes it feels like normality lies on the edge of that coin!

My symptoms have changed its quiet hard to describe , i will try my best , its as if I'm trapped in my eyes or head, looking though my eyes does not feel the same it seems odd not right , i feel like im an observer of everything going on around me , I feel as if I'm not participating in life or my surroundings as if I'm observing it all .
It's really hard to describe I've had dp dr over 2 years now and I've never felt like this till now , is this dp or is it dr .
I feel like im going nuts here .
Help

·
Registered
631 Posts
Allison,

I don't know that I've even been "managing". Growing up, school was pretty much the only thing that made me feel comfortable, and it gave me hope. You know, I saw everyone else seemingly enjoying life and friends and parties and such, and I just rationalized to myself that all this work would pay off someday, somehow. But as I grew older i just became more and more aware that that was just a rationalization, and as my brain continued to fail me, the few relationships I had went downhill and I struggled to read and follow along in grad school seminars, and I couldn't get out of my head enough to go grocery shopping an so provide for my other needs. At age 28 I finally just said "I give up, this is not going to work" and moved back in with my parents. I'm now 34 and have absolutely no idea what the rest of my life is going to be like. I spend most of the day, every day, talking to myself about pseudo-intellectual nonsense, and I'm terrified about what will happen when my folks can no longer provide for me.

I feel that if the DP were at the level it was prior to 2004, I could still function, just not to the level that most people can (multi-tasking and socializing are things that never felt natural to me, but I was intelligent enough to figure out ways around it), but now I can't hold a thought in my head for longer that a couple of minutes, I'm dizzy and wake up every day saying, "what am I supposed to do now?" And since I don't have much of an answer, I just plop myself in front of the TV staring at it hoping to get a break from the incessant mind chatter.

In sum, it's quite a hellish existence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts