Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering if anyone else felt that cause of their dp/dr they have no interest in anything anymore?all i do is stay at home day in day out and hardly ever leave the house,the scary thing is that i'm comfortable like this which is not normal,this has been going on for weeks i do leave the house occasionally for shopping but thats it.

I sometimes just stare at the walls or outside the window with a blank mind day dreaming,i dont feel motivated not happy or sad,life feels like nothing and that i'm existing and not living,is all this part of the dp having no motivation?

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Personaly I have a lot of motivation to do things but I am so uncomfertable when I leave my house that I spend most of my time stareing at the wall. I am loseing my motivation though, because of being inactive and unwanted for so long. I don't see the point in doing anything, when nobody wants me around anymore. Two years ago I stared at a cement brick for so long I can still remember its details. At least this brick wall wasn't afraide of my stangeness!

· Registered
37 Posts
Hi i was wondering if anyone else felt that cause of their dp/dr they have no interest in anything anymore?all i do is stay at home day in day out and hardly ever leave the house,the scary thing is that i'm comfortable like this which is not normal,this has been going on for weeks i do leave the house occasionally for shopping but thats it.

I sometimes just stare at the walls or outside the window with a blank mind day dreaming,i dont feel motivated not happy or sad,life feels like nothing and that i'm existing and not living,is all this part of the dp having no motivation?
Depression. My mom feels this constantly.

· Registered
2,710 Posts
This really beguiles me. Even at the worst of times, when I was totally dazzled with DR and panic, I can honestly say I never felt depressed. I really haven't felt that terrible feeling. Sure, I've been fed up, hacked off big time, but not so depressed that I lost interest in anything. On the contrary, when I was ill I wanted to go out and do stuff even more than before. Primarily, of course, to distract myself from the horror, but secondly because I'm such a selfish bastard I'd be damned if I'd be denied by anything. I even went clubbing with a broken leg once. :shock:

This is why, when doctors and friends said that the root of my DR/DP was depression, that I've always denied it. I've never experienced the symptoms that are classic indicators of depression. No loss of appetite, no real problems with sleeping, no lack of motivation (I remember the look on my doctors face when I said I was actually doing MORE)...etc. But perhaps, in my case, it was a matter of over-compensation..or my unconscious dreaming up a myriad of ways to try and protect my consciousnes from DR-Death. Maybe so. I sure did feel some of the 'lesser' symptoms of depression, I guess - panic, anxiety, guilt, self-loathing, but I'm still fairly sure they were to do with life situations. If I was/am depressed, then it's seething away somewhere so deep in my unconscious that it's become part of my personality. And if that is true, as I think, then I'm buggered. :roll:

· Registered
1,805 Posts
ive never been one thats easily motivated due to my low boredom threshold,i really need something stimulating to hold my attention otherwise i just think sod it might as well watch a film....
the only thing that stops me venturing further is the feeling of losing my entire 'self' as i move further away from home...anyone with dp will know what im talking about but also it will do you no favours staring at walls...do something even if its a walk around the block or a cycle ride,if you dont do something the world will start to feel smaller and smaller

· Registered
37 Posts
This really beguiles me. Even at the worst of times, when I was totally dazzled with DR and panic, I can honestly say I never felt depressed. I really haven't felt that terrible feeling. Sure, I've been fed up, hacked off big time, but not so depressed that I lost interest in anything. On the contrary, when I was ill I wanted to go out and do stuff even more than before. Primarily, of course, to distract myself from the horror, but secondly because I'm such a selfish bastard I'd be damned if I'd be denied by anything. I even went clubbing with a broken leg once. Shocked

This is why, when doctors and friends said that the root of my DR/DP was depression, that I've always denied it. I've never experienced the symptoms that are classic indicators of depression. No loss of appetite, no real problems with sleeping, no lack of motivation (I remember the look on my doctors face when I said I was actually doing MORE)...etc. But perhaps, in my case, it was a matter of over-compensation..or my unconscious dreaming up a myriad of ways to try and protect my consciousnes from DR-Death. Maybe so. I sure did feel some of the 'lesser' symptoms of depression, I guess - panic, anxiety, guilt, self-loathing, but I'm still fairly sure they were to do with life situations. If I was/am depressed, then it's seething away somewhere so deep in my unconscious that it's become part of my personality. And if that is true, as I think, then I'm buggered.
I don't feel symptoms of depression either. My mom always likes to tell me she thinks I'm depressed. I heartily disagree. My DP came about by meditation, my anxiety attack followed, and the only reason I got even slightly depressed thereafter was because the entire thing happened in the first place. But never have I ever felt self-loathing or lack of motivation. But, if it's true I was really even slightly depressed aside from what has happened lately (like before I got anxiety), I don't mind depression. Lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.