Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so basically ever since I got dp I’ve been so detached from my emotions that I barely even care about myself anymore. I know that somewhere deep down there’s the survival instinct and that death actually terrifies the shit out of me but when I actually imagine the act of taking my life it feels so numb. when I think about people in my family dying it feels the same. It just all feels so pointless and stupid.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah, that is basically what dpdr is. only way i got around it was to carry on and act like i still cared even though it seemed like i didnt. this same practice goes for pretty much every symptom of dpdr. i just tell myself that "i have no other choice, no matter how hard it gets", whenever i feel like giving in to the existential worries or suicidal thoughts. i dont have the same emotional range that i did before but i am definitely making strides towards bettering myself and easing dpdr, if you ever wanna message me for help you can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much for your response! sorry that I only got around to answering it now. You can also reach out if you need anything :) we will get through it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts