Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been lurking on the forum for the last month. I posted once or twice when my DR/DP was especially bad but have been trying to take the advice of others and not dwell too much on here. Some days are better than others but for the most part, I find myself struggling from morning till about 7 at night.

Anyways, I am seeing a therapist and psychiatrist. I have seen the same psychiatrist for 2+ years so he understands me pretty well. Unfortunately, with this new bout of DR/DP, his solution has been to increase my Zoloft to 250 mg and add in .5 mg of Clonazepam every night.

He refuses to believe in "Prozac Poop-Out" or that it could be something as simple as me taking Zoloft since I was 20 (I'm 30 now!) and my body just finally adjusting to it. I have mentioned things like Lamictal or Anafranil but he will not budge. He did give me 1mg of Abilify but it numbed me to the point where I couldn't formulate sentences.

Am I being stubborn refusing to take a Klonopin every single night? He says I need to bite the bullet and do what will make me feel better. That it is not an addiction if it helps you. I'm feeling very frustrated and angry but at the same time, I have been with this doctor over two years through my very first bout of DR/DP.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would say don't take klonopin every night long term. It should only be a short term solution. Benzos are highly additictive and can give a high level of rebound anxiety upon quitting. I would only ever take them to get through a short term crisis or to help adjust to a new antidepressant

·
Registered
631 Posts
"That it is not an addiction if it helps you."

That's mental health "logic" for you. Though it's really more like "it is not an addiction if taken as prescribed by a doctor"

After all, who with an addiction is doesn't believe it's helping them? I mean, if they didn't think they were being helped (broadly defined) by their substance, they wouldn't take it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts