Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
I had a meltdown on weed and got DP from it.

I recovered.

It is possible. Keep the faith. I still come to this site because I want to encourage people. I know what a fucking hell DP is. It is so painful for me to see people still suffering.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I recovered.

It is possible. Keep the faith. I still come to this site because I want to encourage people. I know what a fucking hell DP is. It is so painful for me to see people still suffering.
How old were you when you developed it and how old when you recovered?

· Registered
6 Posts
Long time lurker here and thought I needed to create an account and finally start posting. Hello fellow sufferers. :)

I'm 28 years old and had constant DP since 13, started by extreme anxiety, stress and trauma. Weed panic attacks aggravated it.

While I'm not recovered yet, I have a story to contribute that has to do with recovery.

7 Years ago I had a time (few months), where I would sometimes reconnect with reality, thoughts would come back and I had a more relaxed feeling. It was at a time when I was meditating/grounding every evening for 1-2 hours and going to speech therapy. During the meditation I sometimes felt like a barrier broke down and a rush of thoughts and emotions went down my head. It was quite overwhelming, but i enjoyed it since I used to have a complete blank mind.
The DP wasn't completely gone by that time, but it was way better than usual, I had a more relaxed sleep and I'm sure if my life would have continued that way, DP would have lifted more and more and finally left.
Unfortunately some stressful changes brought DP to baseline again.

I also read about different people having it up to 20 years that were able to recover.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I recovered.

Lucky you! Can I may ask how old you were and how long your episode was?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.