Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's very disorienting and makes me sick and dizzy. When I'm in a room I can't imagine what is outside of it. I feel like I'm in a box floating in space. This is especially true right now because it's dark outside. I feel like this room is the only thing that exists even though I KNOW that outside there are roads are cars I just don't feel it and it's really scary and makes me feel like I'm going crazy. It also makes the room feel like it's floating around with nothing under it. This is one of the most terrifying sensations derealisation has ever caused. I hate it. I'm constantly panicking about it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I feel like whatever is in my immediate field of vision is all that exists. And I can't even process any of that either, but I can "see" it.

It's just a physical sensation for me though, probably just something wrong with my brain. I don't have panic in relation to it. Except when I try to drive, which is why I haven't driven in years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow I could have said this! You see, this is like solipsism syndrome.
I also thought if I am alone in the room and my door is closed, does anything happen outside? Am I the only one who exists? After all, I can only validate my own consciousness and just observe others' but question if they're real or just like NPC (non player characters).
Feels good to know I'm not alone in this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No this has nothing to do with philosophical questioning or solipsism.

It genuinely feels like nothing exists outside your field of vision...

It probably doesn't make sense if you didn't experience it...

·
Registered
631 Posts
No this has nothing to do with philosophical questioning or solipsism.
It genuinely feels like nothing exists outside your field of vision...
It probably doesn't make sense if you didn't experience it...
Oh, yes, im aware of that. It's just that some of the respondents presented it as though it's somethin they obsess about. Hay they really are believing that nothing exists outside their room. So I was curious and just wanted to clarify what issue we are talking about here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your Brain gets used to it. Especially in Summer season. For me my DR got drastically worse over a year due to lower energy levels. I used to need ear plugs for the cars outside or was overstimulated by too much people, now these things don't consciously enter my awareness, even my communication is mostly unconscious. It's Like my awareness is super contracted. I could process & do dishes, cooking, going to the Mall, brush teeth & easily communicate, No Problem at all living with DR even though visually you don't process stuff the braun still compensates. But now after I lost Lots of energy it's Like my brain actually processes much much less where Most stuff you'd naturally do doesn't occur to your brain Like communication or chewing properly when eating and Lots of stuff Like that. But I guess Not many can relate to that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts