Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rather big tendency to waste alot of time and or self-sabotage...

The days kinda go by and im just sitting here, waiting (in a methaphorical way). When does it end? When will things be normal again? Even when i actually do things, even that feels like waisting time. I end up not seeing the difference between "doing real important work" and "wasteful activities". They both feel equally insignificant and so the months go by and i barely realize i waste most of it.

I dunno loing day and just wanted to rant a bit.....

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
982 Posts
Get busy living or get busy dying....

I get you, but if you view this as a waiting game till you get well, you are wasting your time. I've done some of my best things DP'd, worked with famous artists and many things that i thought "if i wasn't dp'd i could do this better" but no one can read your mind or suffering, keep living as if you felt normal, one day it will come... least that's the thought, but i do get you 100%. I don't feel well at all, but i don't let DP upset me and i just keep going, it's made every day easier honestly, if i felt like you, it would be 100x harder. Believe me it isn't easy doing hard things as if you were 100% dp free, but if you stop questioning why it's harder and just forget about it you are more focused on now.. that's all i got, takes practice and a busy life. It's sure no cure like they say, but get's you back focused on tomorrow, not when can I etc that isn't really how we are designed. Plus i don't see how you can ever be happy when all you want is recovery, everything up to that is time wasted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel the same way, in that a lot of what i do is just wasting time until the next time i get to escape through sleep. I've been trying to get creative and find things I'm interested in, but the symptoms have been so bad for me that i can't find pleasure in doing anything without being in this constant state of anxiety.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts