Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel human?

I think most people with Dp/Dr can answer this with no, since most
of us have trouble feeling feelings and emotions.
I was wondering if anyone here feels like they are completely
different from others and have the conviction that nobody understands them?

Also, do you feel special or have a sense of total loneliness or have the idea that you have a non-human identity (with this not meaning you think you have been abducted by an alien or think you are an alien..lol), just not feeling human.

And with special I dont mean the 'look at me, this is what I can do' special kind of way. I mean as if you have a special kind of 'knowledge' or 'experience' (you think) others dont have.

Since I do have all these symptoms, I was wondering if more Dp/Dred people here have this.

Thanks
Wendy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you feel human?

I think most people with Dp/Dr can answer this with no, since most
of us have trouble feeling feelings and emotions.
I was wondering if anyone here feels like they are completely
different from others and have the conviction that nobody understands them?

Also, do you feel special or have a sense of total loneliness or have the idea that you have a non-human identity (with this not meaning you think you have been abducted by an alien or think you are an alien..lol), just not feeling human.

And with special I dont mean the 'look at me, this is what I can do' special kind of way. I mean as if you have a special kind of 'knowledge' or 'experience' (you think) others dont have.

Since I do have all these symptoms, I was wondering if more Dp/Dred people here have this.

Thanks
Wendy

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No I don't feel human. I've pondered so many reasons as to why I feel this way. I'm on a whole other level than the rest of the world it seems... except for people on here. Sometimes I think maybe I'm special, like I can experience this DP because my mind is advanced or something. But other times I feel like maybe I'm just really stupid cuz I can't just get over this and go on with my life and everybody else is smart cuz they're able to deal with their existence so well. I do also though have that crazy thought that I was abducted by aliens and I'm part of an experiment. I've also wondered if standing on my head too often as a child has made me this way. LOL. I do seriously wonder that though, but seeing it written down makes me feel like a dumbass.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No I don't feel human. I've pondered so many reasons as to why I feel this way. I'm on a whole other level than the rest of the world it seems... except for people on here. Sometimes I think maybe I'm special, like I can experience this DP because my mind is advanced or something. But other times I feel like maybe I'm just really stupid cuz I can't just get over this and go on with my life and everybody else is smart cuz they're able to deal with their existence so well. I do also though have that crazy thought that I was abducted by aliens and I'm part of an experiment. I've also wondered if standing on my head too often as a child has made me this way. LOL. I do seriously wonder that though, but seeing it written down makes me feel like a dumbass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is, how do you know if your not feeling human or not? We are human, so there is nothing else we could feel. And what exactly defines feeling human??? We aren't aliens, we just have problems that allow us to feel different from other people, but that doesn't make us any less human.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the thing is, how do you know if your not feeling human or not? We are human, so there is nothing else we could feel. And what exactly defines feeling human??? We aren't aliens, we just have problems that allow us to feel different from other people, but that doesn't make us any less human.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SoulBrotha said:
Truth

Human Isnt An Emotion...

However.. You May Feel "Unordinary" Or "Odd".............. But, One Cannot Feel Inhuman

And The Belief That You Dont Feel "human" Probably Scares You Ten Times More Then The DP Itself... Cause You Alienate Yourself And Place Scary Unneeded Scenarios In Your Mind

So Remember...

You Dont Feel Inhuman... You Feel Odd, Or Strange Because Of The Disorder/Symptom You Have Known As Depersonalization

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SoulBrotha said:
Truth

Human Isnt An Emotion...

However.. You May Feel "Unordinary" Or "Odd".............. But, One Cannot Feel Inhuman

And The Belief That You Dont Feel "human" Probably Scares You Ten Times More Then The DP Itself... Cause You Alienate Yourself And Place Scary Unneeded Scenarios In Your Mind

So Remember...

You Dont Feel Inhuman... You Feel Odd, Or Strange Because Of The Disorder/Symptom You Have Known As Depersonalization

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So glad you included the disclaimer about "not including" thinking your've been abducted by aliens, grin.

Yep. I always felt not human. It seemed there was ME and then there were PEOPLE. I was something else. It was more than just the fact that yes, I'm IN my own Self, so of course there's a difference...I thought nobody on this earth had ever felt things the way I did.

I actually DID entertain all kinds of delusions, they never lasted too long...but I used to imagine what if I was "created" like some kind of thing, a robot, an artificial creature...created by my family for their own amusement. Or what if I was half-human but half something else, as if I alone had special insights or experience...that my brain was not the way other brains are.

It's very very common for those of us with the narcissisitc states of consciousness...we get so obsessed with comparing ourselves to the outside world that we begin thinking we are either LACKING what other humans have, or MORE than other humans. But never equal. Never the same as. Never....ordinary.

Peace,
Janine
Proud now to admit to human race affilliation, grin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So glad you included the disclaimer about "not including" thinking your've been abducted by aliens, grin.

Yep. I always felt not human. It seemed there was ME and then there were PEOPLE. I was something else. It was more than just the fact that yes, I'm IN my own Self, so of course there's a difference...I thought nobody on this earth had ever felt things the way I did.

I actually DID entertain all kinds of delusions, they never lasted too long...but I used to imagine what if I was "created" like some kind of thing, a robot, an artificial creature...created by my family for their own amusement. Or what if I was half-human but half something else, as if I alone had special insights or experience...that my brain was not the way other brains are.

It's very very common for those of us with the narcissisitc states of consciousness...we get so obsessed with comparing ourselves to the outside world that we begin thinking we are either LACKING what other humans have, or MORE than other humans. But never equal. Never the same as. Never....ordinary.

Peace,
Janine
Proud now to admit to human race affilliation, grin

·
Registered
69 Posts
I still resist the effort by most people to "convert" me to human race, bwahahaha! Anyway, what for? There's so much stupid prejudice and general idiocry in this world I don't think it's even worth trying to consider myself human. I kind of like it this way. Strange, though, that this obsession to be human still compels and fascinates me, even when a part of me still rejects it. Hm..maybe that's the block... :shock:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I still resist the effort by most people to "convert" me to human race, bwahahaha! Anyway, what for? There's so much stupid prejudice and general idiocry in this world I don't think it's even worth trying to consider myself human. I kind of like it this way. Strange, though, that this obsession to be human still compels and fascinates me, even when a part of me still rejects it. Hm..maybe that's the block... :shock:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have been through long periods of time where I have been absolutely 1000% convinced that I am either sub-human :homer: or, on other occasions, evil :twisted: - it felt like a horrifying self-realisation but I knew it was true, other people couldn't see it, but I knew it was true.

I now know its not. :lol:

Although related thoughts and preoccupations still make themselves heard in my head when I am dp'ed. :?

However, I am working on it....... 8)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have been through long periods of time where I have been absolutely 1000% convinced that I am either sub-human :homer: or, on other occasions, evil :twisted: - it felt like a horrifying self-realisation but I knew it was true, other people couldn't see it, but I knew it was true.

I now know its not. :lol:

Although related thoughts and preoccupations still make themselves heard in my head when I am dp'ed. :?

However, I am working on it....... 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys, thanks for the replies.
I tried two times to write a long response and both times
my computer hanged. So I will try again later.
Ive had enough for now :roll:

Wendy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys, thanks for the replies.
I tried two times to write a long response and both times
my computer hanged. So I will try again later.
Ive had enough for now :roll:

Wendy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahahahaha...LOL
I KNEW you were gonna make a joke of it!
I guess thats (also) an extraterrestrial, subhuman, inhuman, alien quality of mine :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hahahahaha...LOL
I KNEW you were gonna make a joke of it!
I guess thats (also) an extraterrestrial, subhuman, inhuman, alien quality of mine :p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts