Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we really no this is from anxiety or is that just something we cling to because we have no idea what it is. I mean I hope it’s anxiety but there is so little known about this ( which disgusts me ). I just don’t understand how some people can’t get out of it and some can if it’s all the same thing. And if it’s anxiety why anxiety medication wouldn’t work.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Million dollar question...DP is commonly linked with anxiety....Is it truly as a result of anxiety.?..We actually dont know...But we do know it either creates a hell of alot more anxiety or comes after a frightening anxious episode in life...

My own personal belief is that it is at source a chemical imbalance in the brain that results in a skewed perception of feelings and emotions along with all the other crazy physical and mental symptoms...What truly causes the chemical imbalance I cannot tell you...Alot of people cant even put their finger on what caused their DP in the first place....It is always literally like a switch has flicked.....Maybe because we have damaged a part of our mind with drug use or too much stress...The switch flicking was literally the tipping point...

The probelm with anxiety meds is the same with every other medicine in the world....WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT and respond differently to the same medicines...Just like with alot of physical illness medicines mental illness medicines are trial and error....I mean I can swallow 2 or 3 xanax and feel absolutley nothing...Sleeping pills make me feel worse instead of putting me asleep....Its just an individual thing....And when it comes to the brain the room for manouvere as regards chemical pathways is so small that even the tinyiest variation in a medicine can make all the difference....

Thats why some people get crazy side effects and some dont whilst at the same time some people swear a certain drug made them feel brand new while another person said it made them 10 times worse...

We just dont actually know because the lack of research is for want of a better term "Still in the f****n dark ages" And its in the dark ages because governments dont see mental health issues as important enough to fund....Plain and simple...

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Combination of paxil and Wellbutrin seemed to work for me last time ( dpdr only lasted 3 weeks to a month after I started the meds ) I tried paxil again but after 5 weeks my doctor tries me on something else. Now I am back on paxil and Wellbutrin and so far no changes. It could be because I’m pregnant and everythings just different right now idk but it’s putting more fear in me having what I thought could fix me not work this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts