Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caffeine seems to be the only thing that actually helps with my DR. Of course if I drink too much I get anxious or if I drink it when Im already anxious it gets worse but other than that I dont see any negative side effects? Plus I just love the taste of coffee and trying different coffee drinks lol. But if its somehow contributing to my chronic derealization and I dont realize it of course I'll stop

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Drink it but not as much maybe and not after 6 pm...Especially if you find it helps a bit....

As far as im concerned anything that helps ease this crap is worthwhile doing...

I find coffee works wonders early in the day to get me going...Otherwise my brain wont kick into gear until about 1 or 2 pm....For some reason my DP/DR is always more intense earlier in the day...

·
Registered
631 Posts
I agree with eddy. If it helps, even if it's not a solution, why make your life more difficult than it already is? I don't see any reason why caffiene should be strictly contraindicated with dp / dr, assuming there are no other underlying medical issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts