Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off hi I'm new.

I have decently bad social anxiety which has ruined most of my friendships and limited my ability to to make new ones. That has almost compleatly ruined my ego and made me genuely start to hate life because without people to talk to I start thinking about life a lot more then I should be doing. That started feelings of depression, pain and anger. Then I started to daydream more and I mean ALOT more. Any spare time I had was spent daydreaming.I was daydreaming about fantasy places with guilds,magic and friends. A place where life had a point and everything didn't suck then a few weeks ago i was sitting in class and looked up from my desk and everything looked completely different/strange. It was as if I was watching my own life through the screen of a phone/tv. I wasn't scared or anything , I kinda liked it. I liked it because it was like I was high but not In a way. It numbed the pain I was feeling. At the same time I was scared because I had no clue what was happening. It continued throughout the entire day. It has continued on and off since the first time tho I am no longer scared of it. I'm not saying I like it but it feels like watching a video on tv and Im just sitting in a chair in my head watching everything happen. Is this DP? Or something else entirely different? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Welcome to the site!

This sounds like depersonalization to me. People usually say that they are watching themselves, hovering above their own head, et cetera. I'm sure you've already checked around the site, but I'll give you some really helpful resources.

The first one is one of the most liked posts on the entire site. Many people have had success with it, so I would give that a shot if you are interested. I've also linked a couple of sub-forums that may be worth checking out, including both managing depersonalization and some recovery stories that may give useful information on how to recover.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Start with the physical stuff first - the things that are proven to have positive results.

• Get all the right nutrients and create a healthy diet.
  • Get outside and exercise. Make sure your hygiene is good.
  • Find constructive hobbies. Something that you can immerse yourself in so you don't ruminate.

As for the things that have helped me, I would recommend seeing a psychologist. While this support forum is really great for reaching people that have similar issues, no one here is a professional. Having someone that will understand your problems and work to get you recovered helped me in spades, as well as many others. In my opinion, it seems like a lot of this stems from your limited socialization. That might have catalyzed your unreality, so being able to figure out that issue with someone that knows how might really come to benefit you.

I'm sure you can find some other great information around the site! You're always welcome to post around as much as you'd like. I hope things get better for you soon! :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts