Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Dissociated to the point of being completely fine?

951 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Oson 
#1 ·
Do people experience an episode beyond an episode? Sometimes when I am having a really bad episode all of a sudden the pain and chaos and apathy will completely disappear and I will be completely fine, better than fine, great. Dissociated from my dissociation to the point that I will feel nothing about a painful experience that just happened or the intensity of an episode. Sometimes I completely deny that anything is wrong with me, even though yesterday it felt like I was wearing someone else's decaying corpse... or was self harming from the pain and chaos of being lost in space. I have been attributing this to mania, or splitting in bpd but wanted to ask here if that was a common experience. Usually this other type of episode ends back in the painful more typical severe dpdr episode because my brain can't pretend anymore that everything is fine. It feels like you are going crazy and your brain is breaking switching back and forth between these.

#2 ·
Hey Jacks.

Yep. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes the trauma and pain from your illness piles on so hard that your mind just switches off and forgets.

As time goes on, you separate further from your current reality and you dissociate from your dissociation, as you explained perfectly.

There was a point I was suffering so hard that I literally started smiling and chasing a fly around my apartment.

About 9 seconds later I realized what happened and it freaked me out. Almost as if i'd forgotten all about who I was, what I was etc.

I honestly thought that was the beginning signs of a borderline personality disorder or something. But it hasn't happened since.

#3 ·
Hey Jacks.

Yep. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes the trauma and pain from your illness piles on so hard that your mind just switches off and forgets.

As time goes on, you separate further from your current reality and you dissociate from your dissociation, as you explained perfectly.

There was a point I was suffering so hard that I literally started smiling and chasing a fly around my apartment.

About 9 seconds later I realized what happened and it freaked me out. Almost as if i'd forgotten all about who I was, what I was etc.

I honestly thought that was the beginning signs of a borderline personality disorder or something. But it hasn't happened since.
Wow, what a relief it is to hear someone else say it.. thank you so much for responding. It means the world to not feel alone and be understood. The switching off happens a lot for me when I'm in a bad episode, sometimes every few minutes, it kind of feels like glitching. Glitching/shifting between two different realities. Has anything helped you with this particular aspect of your dpdr?

#4 ·
Absolutely. I haven't had any form of DPDR in almost a year.

What changed everything for me was healing my gut. I stopped eating mostly all form of sugar for a year.

In short, I gave up unhealthy foods, Introduced very dense, mineral rich foods, took specific supplements, and detoxified my body using several healing modalities

This was all done under the guidance and care of an integrative medicine doctor.

I spent many months and tens of thousands of dollars to find healing from DPDR. I've had it since 2011.

I'm 24 now and symptom free. I created this account to come back and share the wealth of knowledge with my people.

And to help all of you in your times of need. :)

#5 ·
Absolutely. I haven't had any form of DPDR in almost a year.

What changed everything for me was healing my gut. I stopped eating mostly all form of sugar for a year.

In short, I gave up unhealthy foods, Introduced very dense, mineral rich foods, took specific supplements, and detoxified my body using several healing modalities

This was all done under the guidance and care of an integrative medicine doctor.

I spent many months and tens of thousands of dollars to find healing from DPDR. I've had it since 2011.

I'm 24 now and symptom free. I created this account to come back and share the wealth of knowledge with my people.

And to help all of you in your times of need. :)
Hey thanks for sharing your story:) can you be a little more specific as to which supplements you took? And also how you detoxified your body?

#7 ·
Me , Dissociated to the point that theres no pain , 8 year in this perpetual state , im from Perú , My English is Bad , but yes , i started in a typical despersonalization pain , syntoms , and one day the pain was to much , and i Vanish , when i woke my syntoms change , i justo start feeling totaly sleep , no pain , no anciety ,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.