Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been with my partner for a year now, and we were inseparable and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere I’ve felt a disconnect as if I don’t know her or we’re not in love anymore. I’m trying to say that it’s my mind playing tricks on me. Whenever this has happened in relationships before I’ve just broken up with them. But I don’t want to break up with her, our relationship is pretty perfect.

Has anyone felt this before? Does it go away? What makes it better?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
232 Posts
Oh, yeah, I have been there, and it was completely related to that sense of detachment from myself and from my emotions.
I have been married for more than a decade now, and DPDR (and everything else that followed it) took toll on my relationship, ofc. The only way to keep it going was for me to seek help for myself, and then to be open about what I am going through, at the same time not expecting to be completely understood, as I was aware that it is just too difficult for someone who has not experienced DPDR to understand how one can feel with it. And not only with my partner, with my best friend as well, I had that problem of being emotionally unavailable, and she felt hurt by my unresponsiveness. I knew rationally that I loved them both, but I could not feel anything.

It is better now, because I feel better with myself. Trust yourself regarding your choice of people who are already in your life, if you still feel they are the right people for you, especially if they stay by you when things get difficult. The fact that you do not feel anything right now does not mean that you don't love them. Work towards your own recovery, first of all.

Best,
A.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts